It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Cheat or not?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-05-2018, 06:41 AM   #1
    Lei778
    (female)

Lei778 HB User
    Red face Cheat or not?

I go to sexual health clinic and told I have Genital Herpes.
    Iíve been with my husband since we were both16 years old and he tells me he has never in his life been sexually active with anyone other than myself. Me also. He swears till his blue in the face that he has never been with anyone else in his whole life. Am I being silly to believe this? Is this possible? Has his happened to anyone else?

The following user gives a hug of support to Lei778:
    yayagirl (02-05-2018)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2018, 07:42 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Cheat or not?

The Herpes virus can only be transmitted by sexual content OR by birth...meaning it really can be given to a baby during delivery if the mother is having an outbreak..

Whether or not this happened, only his mother or your mother would be able to tell you.

Remember though, there are different types of herpes; and it is possible to get genital herpes from having oral sex with someone with an outbreak on their mouth...maybe his idea of "being with someone" isnt the same as yours?

Unfortunately to make matters more confusing the virus can live in the body for decades without showing up...a person can be a carrier and never have an outbreak, but pass it along to others . You may never know the full story here but it is possible that he isnt lying to you.

I hope this helps somewhat...

Old 02-05-2018, 09:48 AM   #3
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Cheat or not?

Dear Lei778,

Actually Auntie could have had herpes in her mouth and given it to you with a kiss when you were a baby.

There are not two 'types' of Herpes. There are two locations that are moist and warm enough to feed the virus and cause outbreak. The locations susceptible to herpes are the inside of the mouth and the genital area. And if one is of low enough immunity it can spread from those locations to the outside of the mouth or from the groin to down the legs. But it is exactly the same virus. It is an absolute shame that the medical profession does not clarify this more definitely. We know to stay stay away from people while they have known active viruses. Herpes is no different except that it lives in the moist climates, mouth and groin.

Herpes can be and is spread through being kissed by anyone with cold sores, even as a baby, and can be dormant for years then pop up as an adult, especially when we are stressed. So during an outbreak do abstain from spreading it. No kisses when someone has a cold sore , flu or cold. Many folks usually do not even realize when they have a tiny cold sore that they should NOT be kissing anyone.

Herpes virus is never proof of cheating. The labels I and II merely denote location. It is exactly the same virus. Yes it can be spread from open sores whether in the mouth or on the genitals, esp when our immune system is low. The virus can be dormant clear back from childhood, then show up as sores when one's immune system is low. As for herpes, you can put cheating out of your mind. If you got a cold, would you suspect cheating?

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/cold-sore/symptoms-causes/syc-20371017

After a shower, use paper towel for gently patting the sores dry, then apply A & D ointment used for baby rash with a q-tip or piece of paper towe. A & D is is very soothing & healing to the skin. Plus, B 100 complex (sold are most drug stores; don't use B complex, it is not the same) is really helpful while stressed. Cold sores happen most when we are stressed out. I did get an outbreak many years ago and was not surprised because my husband had oral cold sores. I didn't ever get an outbreak until years after we got married when we both were going through an extremely stressful time in life. After that outbreak both of us keep our immune systems up though our diet...enough vitamin B and C, appropriate rest, etc. Neither of us have had an outbreak, oral or genital again for many years.

Don't ruin your marriage over the old wive's tales about herpes/cold sores.

Last edited by yayagirl; 02-05-2018 at 10:30 AM.

Reply Reply

Tags
    herpes, herpes confused, herpes couples