It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Herpes - confused

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-26-2018, 11:12 PM   #1
    Ddi73
    (male)

Ddi73 HB User
    Unhappy Herpes - confused

Hi. 4 days agoninwas diagnosed with herpes type 1. I had an unprotected ofal
    Sex 3 months ago. I also had a massage wothout touching my pines or my genitals -3 weeks ago. She did touch lower belly.
    I didnt had an out reak - orally after. I had a small bump that still there and it hi feeling and nned to pee and felt powerless for few weeks. But the breal it iself was not seen.
    Questions:
    1. How do i know if this is oral or genitle herpes thpe 1?
    2. Can this happen feom massage ( she was dressed - no touch of my pines)?
    3. If this bump os the herpes sore ( no white water inside or redness)- woukd that be the place the virus entered and from now on - the place it will apear?
    4. Inwas reading that first you feel tired, itchi few days after the exposure. Then it will habe the outbreak. I habe the dhmpotms for a month ( two months after i was exposed)- but no blisters. When should i expect them ?
    4. My wife and i had oral sex ( once) in this period. So she was exposed as angiver to pitential oral herpes or alsp genitle ( we didnt had sex and i didnt go down)?
    5 how to precent my kods from getting it ? They skeepnand hug with us abd we kiss them a lot ( not on the lips).
    If i had a genitle herpes 1- and it didnt apear on the pines - can i have sex woth my wife ( hiding the porential
    Spot of where i might had it?
    I have strong pain in the mascles-
    Lefs. Related?

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2018, 01:49 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Herpes - confused

Hi. Herpes type 1 is only on the mouth. It shows up looking like cold sores.
    You can get it from kissing someone who has the virus.

You can be a carrier of this disease and never have an outbreak...it lives in your system. You can pass it to your wife through oral sex but only if it is in outbreak stage or just after or before the outbreak stage. You will know, because you will have a tingling, buzzing feeling around your lips where the outbreak is about to happen.

You did not get this from a massage, unless you were kissing her and she had the virus in active stage.

There is no such thing as genital herpes 1. Genital herpes is type 2.

You are safe to hug and kiss your kids...but if you develop a cold sore, refrain from kissing them until it heals. You can go to your doctor and get medication if you have an outbreak, but there is really nothing to do if you arent having any.

Please have your doctor who diagnosed you go through this with you..it appears you are confused about the types of Herpes that are possible.

Please dont beat yourself up about this. Most people do have this virus in their body...only some people it is active - meaning they have outbreaks. It is not uncommon to test positive for it. You could have had this since you were a baby or gotten it from an aunt who kissed you as a child. You will probably never know.

Im sorry this is happening to you but really, unless you have an outbreak, forget about it! You, and your family are fine, it is not likely to be transmitted to anyone unless it is in active outbreak.

Last edited by MSNik; 05-27-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Reply Reply

Tags
    herpes