It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• The sky has fallen

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-07-2018, 07:12 PM   #1
    FrankieM
    (female)

FrankieM HB User
    The sky has fallen

Ive had HSV2 for a few months now, first of all I told the doctor he was wrong, it wasnt that he was lying. Test came back negative. (I WIN) second time, it was positive (NOT SO SMUG NOW!)

So I dig in the web, google images are not needed sometimes Finding all sorts out about the complex, apparent cures, what not to eat, what to eat, essential oils to use and herbal supplments, trying to digest it all has been enough to stress me out to bring on more OB (LUCKY ME)

Right now I feel like the sky has fallen and my life will never be the same again. Please Please Please tell me it gets better, that it will subside! As supprotive as my BF and husband are they are clueless on how I feel right now. That they dont wake up in the middle of the night swearing they felt a tingle running to the bathroom to try and inspect the area with a torch and mirror. (not just me right?) I am a happy person. Infact my husband calls me his sunshine I always look on the brightside of life but right now... its not so bright and not so happy

Last edited by Administrator; 06-07-2018 at 09:05 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to FrankieM:
    yayagirl (06-08-2018)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2018, 11:22 PM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: The sky has fallen

FrankieM I have it too and have had it for so many years I forget how long.
    Once you learn how to deal with it and avoid contact with others while you have an outbreak it's really no big thing. It is a very common virus.

I found that keeping sores clean and putting Vitamin A & D ointment on them (found in the diaper-baby supply section of stores) is soothing and healing. Put the ointment on a q-tip so as to not touch sores with the medicine tube. I also take vitamin B100 to help my skin be healthy and take brewer's yeast in some orange juice to help feed and therefore calm my nerves.

I very rarely get any sores at all anymore. I can't remember the last time. You can deal with this. Oh, it was one little cold sore in my mouth.

It is very common.
    You can get your happy back!

Last edited by yayagirl; 06-07-2018 at 11:25 PM.

Old 06-08-2018, 02:39 AM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: The sky has fallen

Frankie M,
    I am sorry you are feeling the way you are...but please know there is no cure for this virus...nothing you eat or try will make a difference. There are allot of snakeoil salesmen trying to make a buck off you by trying to sell you "miracle cures"...please be wary.

There are, however, medicines which can help keep breakouts at bay...you should talk to your doctor about what he/ she can prescribe to keep you from having breakouts OR to clear up the breakouts faster. There are both pills and ointments which have strong medicine in them which are specifically made for this virus.

The virus has been around for centuries. More than 50% of the population has it, not everyone has outbreaks; some people are just carriers. Learn what you can to prevent passing it along and mostly just accept that it is what it is and you have to learn to live with it. You will probably never know when you got it or from where...you could have been carrying it for decades before your first OB.

It will get easier as you get more knowledgeable. Remember, this is not the worst thing in the world. Its manageable.

Hugs.

Reply Reply