It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• 36 weeks pregnant and confused

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-08-2018, 08:31 AM   #1
    Kcrazy1214
    (female)

Kcrazy1214 HB User
    36 weeks pregnant and confused

All this from what the doctor told me and look up in my medical fill. So back in 2013 I went to the ER for lesion on my vaginal area. The ER just gave me medicine without the results. I than later a few weeks later went to my clinic. The doctor there took a culture of lesion (on vaginal) it came back postive for hsv 1 and negative for hsv 2. The doctor prescribed antiviral pills.

So I go to the doctor again in 2016 for lesion again this time another doctor at my clinic does the culture (on vaginal). It comes back positive for hsv 1 and negative for hsv 2.

In 2017 I go back to my clinic to have a well women. They took my blood for hsv 1 and hsv 2. Both came back not detected.

Now I'm 2018 in one of the doctors at my clinic says I have hsv 2. I'm currently 36 weeks pregnant and freaking out. They want me to take antiviral. Here we're I'm confused the doctor was not sure because she was reading other people notes left in my chart.

She also said it can't be hsv 1 because it was on my gential area. That the blood test I had done could gave a false negative result. In the only way for sure I would if I have it is if I had a breakout and came back for her to test it.

I want know has anyone else experience this? And should the herpes antibodies be in my blood if I had it since 2013 or 2016? Please help me

Last edited by Administrator; 09-08-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply