It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Diagnosed with GHSV1 in 2011

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-25-2019, 03:29 AM   #1
    Prettyinpink86
    (female)

Prettyinpink86 HB UserPrettyinpink86 HB UserPrettyinpink86 HB User
    Diagnosed with GHSV1 in 2011

Contracted it in 2007 and to this day itís still there. I swear Iíve had symptoms of it since 2011 that never seemed to go away fully. Iíve only just come up with the idea of putting cream on and even though it lessened it it still hasnít gone! Itís been over 10 years and it still canít go away. This canít be normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2019, 06:11 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Diagnosed with GHSV1 in 2011

I highly suggest going to see your doctor. There are antivirals which you can take daily to help get rid of the symptoms... this is a virus which comes and goes and should not be present all the time.

Old 04-04-2019, 12:22 PM   #3
    Prettyinpink86
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
    I highly suggest going to see your doctor. There are antivirals which you can take daily to help get rid of the symptoms... this is a virus which comes and goes and should not be present all the time.
    I was going to but felt embarrassed. I keep applying cream and when it appears to be going it pops up somewhere else. Itís now at the top of my bum cheek itís never been there before.

Old 04-05-2019, 03:44 AM   #4
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

It is never going to go away...HSV is a virus which lives forever- there is no cure; however, you can use antivirals to control the outbreaks and get it under control. You need to talk to the doctor... millions of people have this issue and most have no idea where it came from- dont be embarrassed- its your health. Discuss it with a healthcare professional.

Old 04-05-2019, 01:22 PM   #5
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear Prettyinpink,

A cream won't cure a virus. But I did put vitamin A & D ointment on my herpes sores and that helped stop the pain and might have helped the sores to heal.

I was diagnosed with GHSV1 and 2, many years ago. It is so common that it is really not a big issue anymore. Yes, it is painful, but it still is just a virus. It can be dealt with by building up your immune system.

My worst breakouts were during a period of my life that included a great deal of stress.
    Since then I learned to keep my immune system built up by getting enough rest and eating right (which means stopping the junk food for the most part). And amazingly, the result is that the herpes sores completely stopped! I also stopped getting other viral issues like colds and flu!

You can do this, too. You may have to start eating better and cutting out some bad habits. Also, don't make out with anyone that is not healthy. I don't know what your life is like and I am not judging at all. Just saying that we need to take care of our own health. I don't kiss or hug anyone that I am not sure is healthy.

Old 04-05-2019, 10:38 PM   #6
    Prettyinpink86
    (female)

I know itís incurable but I was sure that ghsv1 would go inactive after this long. Why does it like being there so much

Old 04-06-2019, 03:36 AM   #7
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Because you are not treating it.... you cannot ignore this, it needs antiviral medication. Sorry, but severe cases do not just go dormant, they need help in getting the virus under control...

Old 04-06-2019, 08:31 AM   #8
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear Prettyinpink,

You need to be seen by a doctor.
    There is no reason to assume what is wrong. It may be a completely different type of infection.
    You don't even know for sure that the breakouts are herpes. They might be bacterial and you might need an antibiotic. Or they may be from a minute parasite/insect.

No internet user can diagnose or explain your illness. You need to consult a doctor. Find a free clinic or something and just go.

Old 04-07-2019, 03:36 AM   #9
    Prettyinpink86
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
    Because you are not treating it.... you cannot ignore this, it needs antiviral medication. Sorry, but severe cases do not just go dormant, they need help in getting the virus under control...
    I must be one of the very few people ghsv1 likes being on.

Old 04-07-2019, 03:38 AM   #10
    Prettyinpink86
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by yayagirl View Post
    Dear Prettyinpink,

You need to be seen by a doctor.
    There is no reason to assume what is wrong. It may be a completely different type of infection.
    You don't even know for sure that the breakouts are herpes. They might be bacterial and you might need an antibiotic. Or they may be from a minute parasite/insect.

No internet user can diagnose or explain your illness. You need to consult a doctor. Find a free clinic or something and just go.
    It was diagnosed by the clinic. Whatís odd is when I first had it I think it went for two years since then itís just never really gone Iíve always had a symptom.

Old 04-07-2019, 04:25 AM   #11
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Some of these viruses are more aggressive then others...to get it under control you need an antiviral- this will not only get it under control and make the symptoms stop=- but keep it away... You are contagious right now, anyone who touches you can get this,,,please go see a doctor and talk to them about getting on antivirals.

Old 04-07-2019, 09:15 AM   #12
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Dear Prettyinpink,

Also, do not give blood. Make sure that your doctors know your diagnosis.

You can also build up your immune system. Do some searches about that. It is really important to get your immune system healthy.

A virus can stay in the body. I contracted Hep C virus from a transfusion years ago. I controlled it by building up my immune system by eating healthy foods and getting enough rest, avoiding toxins, etc. Eventually doctors discovered a cure for the virus so now I now longer have it. But until then I had to warn everyone to not make contact with my blood.

Do some research about how to build the immune system. It will help you for the rest of your life. It really isn't hard to do. I blow it now and then and eat wrong things or too much, etc. But even though I had Hep C for many years I managed the virus very well all of that time.

You can do what it takes to get healthy so you stop having outbreaks.

Reply Reply