It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• just diagnosed

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-22-2019, 10:06 AM   #1
    georgiab
    (female)

georgiab HB User
    just diagnosed

I was just diagnosed with herpes this morning after finding a sore. I have been dating my boyfriend for 3 months and have not been with anyone else in over 6 months. Does this mean I got it from him? Or could I have had it and not known? I am so confused and I don't know how to tell him. help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2019, 06:09 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: just diagnosed

Herpes is a virus that can lay dormant for many years...it does NOT mean that you got it from him....

That being said, he could be a carrier and not know it because he has never had an outbreak.

You have to tell him. Its unfair not to. Remember, you didn't get this because you did anything wrong, more than half the world carries the virus and unfortunately stress or changes in our lives can cause it to pop up!

Your doctor should be telling you how contagious it is; even when the outbreak is healed, the skin is still shedding and the virus is still contagious.

Talk to your boyfriend and your doctor.

Old 05-22-2019, 08:45 PM   #3
    georgiab
    (female)

georgiab HB User

Thank you,
    I am waiting to talk to him in person on Friday. I would be devastated if I had Herpes and didn't know it and gave it to him. I've never had one symptom and have only been with one other man since my divorce 6 years ago. I hope he doesn't have it, even if it means he doesn't want to be with me anymore when he finds out.
    thanks again

Old 05-23-2019, 08:12 AM   #4
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear georgia,

Any responsible person would have your attitude. Good for you. Yes, being honest is all we can do. Honesty in normal life is what helps us discover who is really there for us and who isn't.

This is not your fault. It is just part of the reality of life in an imperfect world. Keep that in mind and you will be OK.

Old 05-23-2019, 04:55 PM   #5
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

If a guy doesn't want to be with you because you have a virus; he isn't worth having around..

Just my opinion. More than half the world will test positive for herpes; doesn't mean that they all have outbreaks, but they can be carriers. He could be too. Remember that.

Reply Reply