It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Small White Bumps on Labia

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-24-2019, 02:14 PM   #1
    Elle024
    (female)

Elle024 HB User
    Question Small White Bumps on Labia

Hello. I'm a female in my early 30s. While using the bathroom yesterday morning, I wiped myself and noticed a few small bumps on my left labia minora. I used a compact mirror to get a visual and there are several small, white, slightly raised bumps on my labia to the left of my vaginal opening. I'm concerned that they may be herpes sores, but I'm confused as to how I could have contracted HSV: I haven't had intercourse since 11/3/18 and haven't received oral sex in 8 months or more (I believe the last time was September 2018). When I engaged in intercourse in November, it was with a former lover, we were both tested beforehand and he reported to me that his results were normal/ negative--but the sex, while unprotected, was brief and neither of us finished (he was inside me for perhaps a minute before we stopped). I've been completely abstinent since 11/3.

The other confusing factor is that I've not experienced any (sharp) pain, itching, pressure, irregular scent, irregular discharge, or anything else out of the ordinary in my genital area. Yesterday and today I've had some dull, diffuse pelvic pain, but I'm also ovulating, and this pain feels like period cramping/ ovulation pain I've experienced frequently in the past. The only reason I even realized the bumps were there was due to a slight texture difference I noticed while wiping myself. I've done some researching on the various forms of herpes presentation and my bumps don't sound like any symptoms I've read about as common to herpes. Thoughts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2019, 02:55 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Small White Bumps on Labia

Elle, this is not herpes! It is normal to have small white bumps on the labia. You may have never noticed before or hormonally they may be bigger than usual. If you are really nervous, go see your GYN; but I promise you that this is not HSV. You would know something was VERY wrong if you had HSV bumps and it presents more like tiny papercuts than bumps.

Reply Reply