It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Confusion over cold sores

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-10-2019, 08:40 PM   #1
    Janedoe83
    (female)

Janedoe83 HB User
    Confusion over cold sores

Hi everyone, lately Iíve been under a lot of stress. My job requires me to be out in the sun where I do tend to sweat. I also drool in my sleep. Particularly the left side of my mouth. Well lately, I noticed tiny bumps popping near my mouth on the lower left side of my lip. Itís never on my lip. Just near it. I read online the symptoms of cold sores and it sounds very similar. Clear fluid blister that itch and are painful. It does tend to itch and itís tender to the touch. My confusion is the other symptoms that go along with it. Online it says cold sores are tiny clusters of blisters that form and scab over to a yellow crust. It could take a week or so for it to heal. Well the little bumps I have are singular. No clusters, and the bump is very time. Almost the size of a pin needle. They do not crust over and they do tend to flatten or dry up and disappear the next day. Even without medication. I toughened up and convinced myself it wasnít the end of the world if I had cold sores. Almost everyone has them. I bought some cheap cold sore treatment thatís supposed relieve pain and itch and prevent infection. The preventing isnít helping much cause they keep popping up in singular form and then disappearing the next day. I noticed that I have skin like bumps next to my lips that look like oil glands. I donít know if that helps or mean anything. Anyways I just want to know if this sounds like a normal case of cold sores? I know the internet always seems to show the worst photos. And if it is, whatís the best way to fight this to keep it from reappearing? Supplements, creams? Also I donít mean to offend anyone but itís kinda got me down. Even though I know it could always be worse. I have a boyfriend I donít get to see often so itís not like I can just avoid kissing him all the time. He always complains that I donít give him oral sex and now I feel like I donít even want to do it at all with the fear of spreading it to his genitals. If I have it. Itís out of my hands. I just want to fight it now if I do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2019, 05:45 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Confusion over cold sores

You need to see a dermatologist... what you are describing does not sound like cold sores; but it could be. WIthout the doctor taking a scraping, or doing blood work to check for the HSV virus, you should not be self treating this and you do not know if it is contagious to your bf or not.

When you have them, go see a dermatologist and get them scraped to find out for sure. This could be inflammed sebaceous glands (oil glands) from sweating..in which case you dont want to be treating it with cold sore meds as it can aggravate the condition.

Old 09-16-2019, 10:17 AM   #3
    Janedoe83
    (female)

Janedoe83 HB User
    Re: Confusion over cold sores

It turned out to be a fungal infection. Iíve been spending money on cold sore creams and Abreva. It was aggravating it and making it worse. As soon as I put medication to treat fungus it cleared almost immediately.

Reply Reply