It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Outbreak after 7 years of asymptomatic! Need advice!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-27-2019, 06:11 PM   #1
    Erenmeboy
    (male)

Erenmeboy HB User
    Outbreak after 7 years of asymptomatic! Need advice!

Hello,

In 2013 I tested positive to hsv2 on a blood test, since then I never once had a single symptom whatsoever. I once thought I did but it was actually Molluscum that my doctor cleared up easily. about 2 weeks ago it was very cold where I live and I think it somehow triggered an outbreak, I got the prodome and then one single bump. After a few days that bump was incredibly sensitive to the touch and hurt like a really bad bruise. I took Lysine supplements and applied lysine cream because I heard it helps, Not sure if it made a difference but the bump went away in a little over 2 weeks.

This really came out of nowhere and so I have some questions:

1. Does this mean now I will start to regularly have outbreaks since I had my first one? Or this is a rare occurrence for someone who's been asymptomatic?

2. Online it says that I should wait a full week after the outbreak 'ends' in order to have sex again? I want to be safe and not transmit it and would like to know what the community thinks of this guideline?

3. The bump is gone, but the small patch of skin were the bump was is still a bit red, does this mean the outbreak is not fully over or could it be scarring? (I was touching it a lot trying to figure out what it was through out the 2 weeks)

Last edited by Erenmeboy; 11-27-2019 at 06:13 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Erenmeboy:
    yayagirl (11-28-2019)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2019, 06:41 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Outbreak after 7 years of asymptomatic! Need advice!

Eren, there is no cure for herpes. It is a virus that remains in the body and can flare up when you are over-tired or physically run down.

Please keep your hands off the sores so you don't spread them around your body or infect others. Keep your hands washed with soap and water. Don't use any towel or wash cloth but your own and make sure that they get washed and dried after use.

When I had my first herpes outbreaks the pain was intense, but even that can be managed by using a Q-tip and applying a little Neosporin ointment and if needed, cover it with a gauze pad if possible. Wash any clothing that had contact in hot water and soap and dry in a hot dryer.

Outbreaks cannot be predicted. Flares or outbreaks can occur anytime and are more likely when we are over-tired or physically run down. That makes sense, because we are more susceptible to any virus when we are run down.

What you also need to do to avoid viral flares is to eat plenty of antioxidant foods and avoid junk food. My first outbreaks were years ago and very painful but since I began taking appropriate care it has been many years since I got an outbreak.

Old 11-28-2019, 07:41 AM   #3
    allfriend

allfriend HB User
    Re: Outbreak after 7 years of asymptomatic! Need advice!

Erenmeboy,

No, the bump doesn't mean anything, and it did not 'come out of "no where". You have no idea why you had it. It could have been from a bug bite or a teeny scratch. Your own body dealt with it and it healed. When you have a skin break, cover it with a bandaid and let it heal.

To be safe with an unknown, of course, avoid sexual activity until it clears up. See a doctor if it does NOT clear up.
    But whatever you do, stop fretting over the bump.

Reply Reply