It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Never getting any visible symptoms???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-03-2003, 12:07 AM   #1
    veryworriedguy

veryworriedguy HB User
    Never getting any visible symptoms???

Has anyone here had symptoms without EVER getting any visible symptoms??

I haven't been diagnosed yet (because for some reason I'd rather hold onto what little hope I have that this could be something else), but I am pretty sure I have Herpes because I have experienced some of the symptoms on and off for the past 6 months. However, I've kept a careful tab on myself, and have never noticed anything visible on any occassion, no redness, no bumps, no blisters, nothing. On the first occassion, I had to frequently urinate for about 3 days then all of a sudden it went away. On another occassion I had a bit of itchiness and tingling around the outside of the genital area that lasted about 2-3 days then went away, and more recently I have had the burning sensation on the skin of one leg for about a week accompanied by a slight numbness/pain in the same leg. The skin burning has since gone away, but the pain in the buttox region remains. I've never taken any sort of medication....and before you ask, I am holding off on having any sex.

Has anyone else had this same experience? Should I expect to get the visible symptoms (sores, bumps, rash, etc) at least once?? Does the type of symptoms I've had so far foretell anything about what kind of "outbreaks" I will be getting in the future?? Is it usual to get "different" types of outbreaks each time? None of my outbreaks have had any similarities whatsoever thus far.

....just looking for answers

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2003, 08:04 AM   #2
    lilygirl

lilygirl HB User
    Re: Never getting any visible symptoms???

Usually with H there is a really strong primary outbreak the first time, some don't get it really bad but it's very common to. I don't think what you have is H. H usually presents itself on the skin as a raised bump that is red(ish) and usually itches, I say "usually" because eveyone's body is different. ALthough you do present the pronome symtoms (tingling numbness etc....) that comes "before" you get an outbreak. So I would definetly go to your doctor and get a blood test. You have no sores so he/she can't do a swab test. and yes eveyone's bosy responds differently to the virus. you can carry it for a while and never really get any symtoms,,,BUT I think by now at least a bump etc...would of popped up. But I'm not a DR so I really think you need to get to a DR so maybe he/she can determine if you have it or not. A blood test should be able to determine that.

Old 12-04-2003, 10:51 AM   #3
    esam

esam HB User

hi - i have one young child who has type 1 herpes on her bottom and am now worried that my yongest child may have it (we are waiting for test results) so i've researched this a lot. we don't know how they may have got it. 50-80% of the population may have herpes and not even know. so people can be spreading it and be "asymptomatic" - not showing any symptoms. scarey eh?

it's hard to say if you have it cause many symptoms of herpes are easily confused with other problems so even a dr can't be sure what they are looking at without sending out a culture of it. get tested if you really want to know. knowing is much better than wondering - plus you need to be carefull not to spread it cause it can spread so easily. call the CDC Nat. STD/HIV hotline - i called yesterday and they are very easy to talk to and helpfull (1-800-227-8922).

hope that helps

Old 12-04-2003, 01:45 PM   #4
    helpmyself

helpmyself HB User

Hi,
    I've never had anything visible as far as a bump. Durning my primary I had redness, and the only reason that I knew it was my primary was because of redness and tingling around the outside of the genital area.
    Since then, ever so often I get tingling and a discomfort feeling, but after I take my supplements they go away. Go see a doctor. I know you're scared, we were all there once. But at least once you know what it is, you can start taking the apporpriate steps to get better. Herpes isn't as bad as society has made it out to be. People live normal healthy lives still and never let it affect them. Just remember that H doesn't make the person. It just makes the person stronger to deal with tough situations.

Old 12-06-2003, 10:47 PM   #5
    shocknawe

shocknawe HB User

I just had tested positive for herpes with a blood test, and I never had any outbreaks either. I had no idea I had it. But I did get sensitive and have tingling and a little redness but I thought it was because I had sensitive skin or was sore from biking. I ride a road bike and I do indoor cycle classes. I have a dr. appt next week following my test results. What kind of treatment should I do if I don't get outbreaks? I just get sensitive and a little uncomfortable and I avoid having sex until it goes away.

I've never had anything visible as far as a bump. Durning my primary I had redness, and the only reason that I knew it was my primary was because of redness and tingling around the outside of the genital area.
    Since then, ever so often I get tingling and a discomfort feeling, but after I take my supplements they go away. Go see a doctor. I know you're scared, we were all there once. But at least once you know what it is, you can start taking the apporpriate steps to get better. Herpes isn't as bad as society has made it out to be. People live normal healthy lives still and never let it affect them. Just remember that H doesn't make the person. It just makes the person stronger to deal with tough situations.[/QUOTE]

Old 12-07-2003, 04:22 PM   #6
    backpacker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

backpacker HB Userbackpacker HB User

Good points, shocknawe. I wouldn't ever take anything if I never got symptoms. I mean, I might take garlic anyway, for other reasons. I'd keep around some stuff, like olive leaf extract, just in case.

Closed Thread