It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Herpes Message Board

  • Anyone w/ HSV-1 GH, what symptoms

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 12-04-2003, 05:20 PM   #1
    buildlynx
    Junior Member
     
    buildlynx's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Posts: 34
    buildlynx HB User
    Anyone w/ HSV-1 GH, what symptoms

    What symptoms do you get and how frequent?

    Last edited by buildlynx; 12-04-2003 at 05:21 PM.

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 12-04-2003, 07:13 PM   #2
    Eagle_20
    Junior Member
     
    Eagle_20's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Posts: 19
    Eagle_20 HB User
    Re: Anyone w/ HSV-1 GH, what symptoms

    I don't know if I got HSV-1 GH because the test i got only told me if I have herpes, but i do know I got it from getting oral sex, Right now I am still on my first ob, the beginning of my out break I didn't know it was herpes and thought it was pimples so I broke one and blood came out, for me they usually start out as itching and redness then pimples start to develop and grow a white head, then they might turn to a big blister and some times breaks or reduces in swelling then heals and goes away. This process usually takes a week to a week and a half. Throughout the how process there is itching and burning.

     
    Old 12-05-2003, 03:28 PM   #3
    ly_b
    Member
     
    ly_b's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Posts: 73
    ly_b HB User
    Re: Anyone w/ HSV-1 GH, what symptoms

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eagle_20
    I don't know if I got HSV-1 GH because the test i got only told me if I have herpes, but i do know I got it from getting oral sex, Right now I am still on my first ob, the beginning of my out break I didn't know it was herpes and thought it was pimples so I broke one and blood came out, for me they usually start out as itching and redness then pimples start to develop and grow a white head, then they might turn to a big blister and some times breaks or reduces in swelling then heals and goes away. This process usually takes a week to a week and a half. Throughout the how process there is itching and burning.

    If you're sure it's from oral sex, then it's highly likely to be HSV1. Although HSV1 is supposed to be milder, it can cause problems on a similar level to HSV2 in some unlucky people.

    In fact on the first genital outbreak, HSV2 and HSV1 are likely to be very similar and you would need to get a type-specific test to know which kind you had.

    Symptoms: itchiness, pain, burning. Possibly pains in the nerves of the legs or buttocks. Sometimes herpes sores can't be seen but often there will be a sore, blister, cut or irritated patch of skin that is quite painful.

    Buildlynx, were you asking what it was like after the first outbreak? I would say to you:

    1. Most people with genital HSV1 (maybe 60%) don't get another outbreak.
    2. The first year is USUALLY the worst for HSV1, so if you get a few problems in the first year, don't assume things will always be so bad - once your body gets used to it, HSV1 is not a serious problem for most people. I have HSV1 orally and I have about one or two outbreaks per year - if anything, genital HSV1 should recur less frequently than that, after the first year.
    3. Some people may tell you they get HSV1 worse than that... but that that is why they are on the internet talking about it, because they are suffering... they are probably not representative. If you were recently infected, don't worry if it comes back a couple of times in the first couple of months. A couple of years ago I had three cold sores on my mouth in a month and thought: Oh God, will this happen forever?! And then I didn't have another one for nearly a year.
    4. GOOD LUCK!!

    Last edited by ly_b; 12-05-2003 at 03:33 PM.

     
    Old 12-05-2003, 10:07 PM   #4
    Eagle_20
    Junior Member
     
    Eagle_20's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Posts: 19
    Eagle_20 HB User
    Re: Anyone w/ HSV-1 GH, what symptoms

    Well the only contact i had with the person was receving oral and also kissing. I don't think i have oral herpes, probably because we were drinking at the time, but a few times i have been getting little red rashes on my lip when i either touched them or do something to them they kind of itch, but after 10 min it all goes away. does this sound like herpes?

    also if you get gh from hsv-1 could it also effect you orally?

    also I have been having swollen nodes in my neck and itchy arm pits. Is this also normal with a ob?

    Last edited by Eagle_20; 12-05-2003 at 10:22 PM.

     
    Old 12-06-2003, 01:32 AM   #5
    May75
    Member
    (female)
     
    May75's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Location: Southern Ca.
    Posts: 62
    May75 HB User
    Re: Anyone w/ HSV-1 GH, what symptoms

    I have HsV-1 GH . Ive never recieved any symptoms but I got tested because my cheating ex contracted from one of the girls he cheated on me with. Anyways I got tested twice. first time got a culture it came back negative. Second time i got it was 4 mos later even though iI had no symptoms. Came back back positive . Doc said I might have had a lesion in my vagina when he took a culture inside even though i had no visible symptoms and wasnt feeling any pain.

     
    Old 12-06-2003, 05:40 AM   #6
    ly_b
    Member
     
    ly_b's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Posts: 73
    ly_b HB User
    Re: Anyone w/ HSV-1 GH, what symptoms

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eagle_20
    Well the only contact i had with the person was receving oral and also kissing. I don't think i have oral herpes, probably because we were drinking at the time, but a few times i have been getting little red rashes on my lip when i either touched them or do something to them they kind of itch, but after 10 min it all goes away. does this sound like herpes?

    also if you get gh from hsv-1 could it also effect you orally?

    also I have been having swollen nodes in my neck and itchy arm pits. Is this also normal with a ob?

    OK: no, rashes for 10 mins on your mouth doesn't sound like herpes, but unfortunately only a doctor could tell you for sure - you may be getting really minor outbreaks on your lips.

    If you don't have HSV1 orally already, then this increases your risk of contracting HSV1 genitally if you have oral sex with someone who has HSV1 orally... if you have HSV1 already, you have some immunity (although it must be stressed only SOME - don't expose yourself to active sores and overload your immune system!)

    HSV1, if you only have it genitally, will only affect you genitally and should not spontaneously outbreak somewhere else, like your mouth. However, if you have never had HSV1 orally, then you may have been infected in both places at the same time, if you see what I mean - from kissing and oral sex.

    You have lymph nodes in your armpits - these may be swelling and causing the itching. If you are still on the primary outbreak then yes, swollen nodes in your neck and elsewhere are quite typical for herpes.

    The only other thing I would say is this: HSV2 orally is quite rare and very few people get it from oral sex, so it does sound like you have HSV1. However, to be sure, why not get a type-specific blood test? Wait for 12-16 weeks after you were exposed to the virus and get the test. It's likely you have HSV1 and hopefully you will not suffer too badly with it, but just to be sure... because, if you have had sex or genital contact with someone, you could have contracted HSV2 and then it lay dormant in your body, to outbreak later (this is more likely than contracting HSV2 from oral sex and it's thought that cases in which people claim they get HSV2 from oral sex are really the result of HSV2 lying dormant for a while, as studies have shown HSV2 hardly ever recurs orally - except in immunosuppressed people).

    Don't mean to worry you at all, as I would guess if you had symptoms shortly (1 day to 2 weeks) after oral sex there's a high chance it's HSV1.

     
    Old 12-06-2003, 05:41 AM   #7
    ly_b
    Member
     
    ly_b's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2003
    Posts: 73
    ly_b HB User
    Re: Anyone w/ HSV-1 GH, what symptoms

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by May75
    I have HsV-1 GH . Ive never recieved any symptoms but I got tested because my cheating ex contracted from one of the girls he cheated on me with. Anyways I got tested twice. first time got a culture it came back negative. Second time i got it was 4 mos later even though iI had no symptoms. Came back back positive . Doc said I might have had a lesion in my vagina when he took a culture inside even though i had no visible symptoms and wasnt feeling any pain.

    HSV1 on the genitals is typically quite mild, so it's not unusual to be without symptoms. Makes me wonder who has got HSV1 genitally out there and doesn't know it, as if they got blood tested and HSV1 showed up it would be assumed they had it orally.

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    HSV-1 Male newly dating an HSV-2 female... cabindude Herpes 2 01-24-2010 08:20 AM
    HSV 1 & 2 recurrent tonsil blister/anyone else? Jcat1971 Herpes 0 10-19-2009 04:25 PM
    HSV 1 and HSV 2 in different partners coastlovertoo Herpes 31 09-28-2007 01:43 PM
    HSV-2: Where am I infected? Equ Herpes 0 01-18-2007 06:25 PM
    Anyone have more than one outbreak with genital hsv-1? besafe20 Herpes 16 07-22-2005 07:28 PM
    What type of test is this? Anyone? ohknow42 Herpes 9 07-13-2005 06:36 PM
    HSV-1/HSV-2 Meds...is there a difference? punkrokchk2000 Herpes 1 03-03-2005 01:23 PM
    How Can You Expect Anyone to Accept This?? unlucky_guy Herpes 8 12-28-2004 11:56 AM
    QUESTION: Does anyone here have HSV-2 ORALLY? its_not_fair Herpes 5 10-20-2004 11:32 PM
    Oral HSV-1 or HSV-2...a big deal? MSJade Herpes 2 09-14-2003 09:19 PM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:06 AM.





    © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!