It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• phantom prodome, is it real?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-24-2003, 10:00 PM   #1
    buildlynx

buildlynx HB User
    phantom prodome, is it real?

I was reading somewhere about phantom prodrome. I was on valtrex 500mg x2 per day for a few weeks, still had alot of itching and pimple things on the buttocks. Switched to Famvir 250mg x2 per day for a couple of days now, nothing has changed except: I seem to be getting these massive pains in my legs now, deep bruising feeling pains in my thighs and back of my legs. This is something new for me, and now that i think about it, it only started when i began taking meds. It could be coincidence, i dont know for sure.
    Is it possible that some meds cause these phantom prodomes? Or are they real prodomes and not phantoms? What is known about this?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2003, 10:09 PM   #2
    May75
    (female)

May75 HB User
    Re: phantom prodome, is it real?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by buildlynx
    I was reading somewhere about phantom prodrome. I was on valtrex 500mg x2 per day for a few weeks, still had alot of itching and pimple things on the buttocks. Switched to Famvir 250mg x2 per day for a couple of days now, nothing has changed except: I seem to be getting these massive pains in my legs now, deep bruising feeling pains in my thighs and back of my legs. This is something new for me, and now that i think about it, it only started when i began taking meds. It could be coincidence, i dont know for sure.
    Is it possible that some meds cause these phantom prodomes? Or are they real prodomes and not phantoms? What is known about this?

Thanks
    Hi buildlyx!!! Happy Holidays. Well I want to know what is prodrome? seen that word pop up here several times?

Old 12-26-2003, 08:05 AM   #3
    backpacker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

backpacker HB Userbackpacker HB User
    Re: phantom prodome, is it real?

Prodromal symptoms are any kinds of symptoms that tell you an ob is on its way: leg tingles, nerve aches, a feeling of depression or exhaustion, little pulses near your normal ob site, etc. Many people pay little attention to them, but I think they indicate that the virus is active, moving in your body, and that you need to be careful because you may be shedding at that time (even if you don't have an ob.)

Old 12-26-2003, 01:45 PM   #4
    buildlynx

buildlynx HB User
    Cool Re: phantom prodome, is it real?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by May75
    Hi buildlyx!!! Happy Holidays. Well I want to know what is prodrome? seen that word pop up here several times?
    Happy holidays back at you, and it looks like BP expanded your knowledge base regarding prodomes.

Closed Thread