It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• I need help, Does this sound like herpes, Has anyone had this before?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-14-2004, 11:41 PM   #1
    Realitycries

Realitycries HB User
    I need help, Does this sound like herpes, Has anyone had this before?

My girlfriend has these two little bumbs on the inside lip of her vagina, They are like white heads, they are small and they have white tips and she says it only hurts when she wipes, or pushes them. Does this osund liek herpes to anyone? Has anyone had this before? Is this a sighn of herpes? I dont see how it can be considering i was her first and only partner i am the only one who has ever been with her, And the girl i was with before her was a virgin also. SO i have only been with two virgins my whole life. So i am very confused. Any help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2004, 10:38 AM   #2
    backpacker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

backpacker HB Userbackpacker HB User
    Re: I need help, Does this sound like herpes, Has anyone had this before?

It would be so hard for us to tell. Herpes can manifest in different ways. But it doesn't sound typical, unless the bumps break open soon and become sores (perhaps tiny ones.) She should go to a dr soon and request a culture. She may have something else that needs to be treated.

Old 01-15-2004, 04:39 PM   #3
    Realitycries

Realitycries HB User

She went to the doctor and she told her that it is mostlikey herpes, How can this be? I mean ****. how could i have done this to her? She told me one of the spores broke open today. So how can i have it?

Old 01-16-2004, 05:55 AM   #4
    devastated
    Senior Veteran

devastated HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Realitycries
    She went to the doctor and she told her that it is mostlikey herpes, How can this be? I mean ****. how could i have done this to her? She told me one of the spores broke open today. So how can i have it?

Hi, sorry you are going through this. Well, there is a possibility that you have genital HSV2, but don't know it. 1 in 4 people have genital HSV2, but only about 20% are aware of it, because most people don't get any symptoms, just carry it.

Have you ever gotten a coldsore on your mouth before? This is another way that your girlfriend could have gotten it. At least 8 in 10 people are infected orally with HSV1, although again, only about 20% of those infected get visible symptoms, the rest just carry the virus. If you are infected orally, you could have spread it to your girlfriend's genitals by performing oral sex on her. This is how I contracted genital herpes.

Also, there is a chance that she may have had it before you guys got together. Herpes can lay dormant for years before rearing it's ugly head.

The best thing to do is make sure, if she does have it, that the doctor type tests her, to see if she has type 1 or 2, and also you should go get a type specific blood test. If she has type 1, and you also test positive for type 1, most likely you infected her by performing oral. (A genital type 1 outbreak usually only occurs right after the initial infection, and may never recur again, or if it does recur, I think the average is only once every year and a half) If you both test positive for type 2, there is really no way of knowing who had it first, or who gave it to who.

If she tests positive for either type, but you test negative, then she may have had it for a long time, and it is just now manifesting....it is not proof if infidelity.

Anyways, if you have any more questions, don't be shy, we are all here to help!

Last edited by devastated; 01-16-2004 at 05:57 AM.

Old 01-16-2004, 10:45 AM   #5
    Realitycries

Realitycries HB User

Thankyou, you all have been very helpful. I am going to get tested today. ANd hopefully her results come back negitive. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the test results back? Again thanks for all your help.

Old 01-16-2004, 11:42 AM   #6
    devastated
    Senior Veteran

devastated HB User

Hi, I had a swab test done, and that was back the next day....my blood tests took about 3 days to come back. Good luck!

Old 01-19-2004, 09:13 AM   #7
    singer1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

singer1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by devastated
    Hi, sorry you are going through this. Well, there is a possibility that you have genital HSV2, but don't know it. 1 in 4 people have genital HSV2, but only about 20% are aware of it, because most people don't get any symptoms, just carry it.

Have you ever gotten a coldsore on your mouth before? This is another way that your girlfriend could have gotten it. At least 8 in 10 people are infected orally with HSV1, although again, only about 20% of those infected get visible symptoms, the rest just carry the virus. If you are infected orally, you could have spread it to your girlfriend's genitals by performing oral sex on her. This is how I contracted genital herpes.

Also, there is a chance that she may have had it before you guys got together. Herpes can lay dormant for years before rearing it's ugly head.

The best thing to do is make sure, if she does have it, that the doctor type tests her, to see if she has type 1 or 2, and also you should go get a type specific blood test. If she has type 1, and you also test positive for type 1, most likely you infected her by performing oral. (A genital type 1 outbreak usually only occurs right after the initial infection, and may never recur again, or if it does recur, I think the average is only once every year and a half) If you both test positive for type 2, there is really no way of knowing who had it first, or who gave it to who.

If she tests positive for either type, but you test negative, then she may have had it for a long time, and it is just now manifesting....it is not proof if infidelity.

Anyways, if you have any more questions, don't be shy, we are all here to help!

I'm curious, someone asked me if the outbreak can be brought on by friction as in sex being a little too rough. She doesn't have sex that often and she said that it was probably due to that. I told her that if she had the Herpes, that perhaps the herpes could be brought on by rough friction. Am I right or wrong on this?

Old 01-20-2004, 04:05 PM   #8
    Realitycries

Realitycries HB User

I got blood work done on friday, ANd they said in one week it will be back so this friday i will know for sure, My girlfreind got swabed, and he results should be in today. I hope that it comes back negative.

Old 01-21-2004, 05:48 AM   #9
    devastated
    Senior Veteran

devastated HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by singer1
    I'm curious, someone asked me if the outbreak can be brought on by friction as in sex being a little too rough. She doesn't have sex that often and she said that it was probably due to that. I told her that if she had the Herpes, that perhaps the herpes could be brought on by rough friction. Am I right or wrong on this?

Hi, I have read in many places that friction from sex can bring on an outbreak, as well as stress, and eating foods high in arganine (I am sure I misspelled that).

Old 01-21-2004, 06:16 AM   #10
    singer1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

singer1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by devastated
    Hi, I have read in many places that friction from sex can bring on an outbreak, as well as stress, and eating foods high in arganine (I am sure I misspelled that).
    What is Arganine?

Old 01-21-2004, 08:06 PM   #11
    Realitycries

Realitycries HB User

Well her test results came backtoday and the were negaitve. ::Shakes his ***:: YOu have all been very helpful thank you very much.

Closed Thread