It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Olive Leaf Extract?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-19-2004, 05:47 AM   #1
    BurnedByAnAngel
    (male)

BurnedByAnAngel HB User
    Olive Leaf Extract?

Ive read about a lot of people taking olive leaf extract or looking into taking it. Has anyone been taking it for a while and can give me some feed back on the results? Preferably someone who's had hsv-2 for a while or has had a lot of outbreaks and has seen positive or no results at all from taking this particular suplement. Also a few topics back, a few posters said they were going to do some research of their own on it, did that turn up any new information? Also, are yall purchasing this product from local stores or on-line, because I havent been able to find it in any stores near-by, but ive seen it on-line on numerous occasions. I just contracted the virus myself and ive only had like 1 or 2 outbreaks so i havent had a real chance to see what supplements work or dont work for me. The outbreak im having now seems to be going for some type of unpublished Guiness Book of World Record title for length of time, as well as playing some king of "Where's Herpes?" a nice lil twist from Where's Waldo because it seems to want to pop up in an array of new areas.

Not to get TOO descriptive, but I personally dont get lessions or anything painful just a rash in certain areas like el butto (thats spang-lish for "butt") or a "cluster" on my little friend. By "little friend" i dont mean LITTLE friend just to stick up for my man-ly ego but yall know what i mean. BUT has anyone used or heard of anything topical that u can apply directly to the area thats been fairly effective? I was prescribed Zovirax to apply and it seems to work well but for me it works best if i wait til i have a full blown outbreak and THEN apply, it doesnt seem to do much for predrome symptoms. PLUS you have to apply it like 1 TRILLION times a day, and personally i cant keep track of a trillion applications. Im not that smart, never was good in math...

Last but not least, ive read about people applying alcohol or H202 to other areas to help dry out an outbreak. Is that effective? Because ive heard people say it comes right back a few weeks later, in which case id just stick it out myself. AND for any guy who is OBVIOUSLY a LOT tougher and braver than me, have any of yall applied H202 and i DARE NOT SAY but im sure someone has alcohol to the 1 eyed monster? Did it hurt? Now ive done a lot of painful things to myself and ive actually found myself in the mirror with a bottle of h202 in one hand and "little man" in the other but i have YET to psych myself into actually applying for fear of a pain greater than THE WRATH OF GOD. So has anyone been that brave?

Well i had a bunch of other questions but its 6AM and i havent slept because of the "bed bugs" biting so ima go scratch myself and lay down. I KNOW IM NOT SUPPOSE TO but YOU cant stop me!!!

Thanks For Whatever Feed Back Yall Can Offer...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2004, 07:26 AM   #2
    backpacker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

backpacker HB Userbackpacker HB User
    Re: Olive Leaf Extract?

The OLE has helped me avoid my hormone-induced monthly ob's, but when I get real tired and stressed I'll still get one. So it works in a way, but it's not a wonder herb for me. I bought it online. The brand is Nutraceutical Sciences Institute, and it's Standardized Olive Leaf Extract, per 2 capsules 1000 mg, 18% Oleuropein; 60 capsules in the bottle. I found lots of different brands though, just by doing a search.

Thak you for making me laugh with your wonderful sense of humor.

Old 03-19-2004, 08:38 AM   #3
    BurnedByAnAngel
    (male)

BurnedByAnAngel HB User
    Re: Olive Leaf Extract?

Thanks for the reply BP, i see i see not a wonder drug. THAT SUCKS. But what is? Well i asked before but if someone answered i must have missed it, but has any one tried Red Marine Algae before for their symptoms? And if so was it any kind of effective? Also again for the fellas, or any one who can answer this any way, i noticed that it gets a little dry-ish in that area when im having an outbreak and especially at the end. IF i were to apply lotion to that area would that help any? Spread the virus more? Or irritate, etc. etc.

Closed Thread