It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• healing reaction from dmso

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-21-2004, 11:49 AM   #1
    notfun34
    (male)

notfun34 HB User
    healing reaction from dmso

I have started applying dmso directly to my outbreak areas about 3 weeks ago, now i am having back to back outbreaks. Could this be a healing reaction??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2004, 02:23 PM   #2
    hurley812

hurley812 HB User
    Re: healing reaction from dmso

what is dmso?

Old 07-21-2004, 03:44 PM   #3
    backpacker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

backpacker HB Userbackpacker HB User

I have heard that it causes ob's in this way as a healing reaction.

Old 07-22-2004, 06:54 AM   #4
    Nonexist
    (male)

Nonexist HB User

What you are experiencing sounds exactly like what happened to me. I was having back to back breakouts before the DMSO, but when I started using it they got bigger and badder. See, the herpes virus in your nerves is like a marble on a string. The marble can travel anywhere that the string goes and that's it, your nerves are the string. When you use DMSO you are increasing the oxygen content in your nervous system. Since viruses cannot exist in a sufficiently oxygenated environment, large amounts will "run away" and travel along its only route, the nerve pathway, until it reaches the surface of the skin. Herpes on the skin's surface = outbreak.

It's important at this stage not to stop, because there is a lot of virus on the skin and if the oxygen content in the body were to decrease by stopping the DMSO, the virus has a chance to replicate and go back into your nerves in larger number than before.

Remember to treat your spinal column too. Top of spine for oral and base of spine for genital. You will notice a dramatic decrease in your symptoms if you stick it out, and possibly a complete elimination of symptoms.

Good luck! Keep us posted.

HURLEY: DMSO stands for Dimethyl Sulfoxide. It is a natural by-product of the wood pulping process. It is a very strange ability to penetrate human cell membranes, taking with it everything that it touches (caution is required). Since itís an oxide, it has a high oxygen content which viruses, bacteria, and other microbes canít survive in high oxygen. The idea is that DMSO can penetrate deep into the nerve cells where herpes lies dormant.

Nonexist

Old 07-23-2004, 12:37 AM   #5
    notfun34
    (male)

notfun34 HB User

Nonexist, thanks for the info. One good thing i have learned about dmso is that my outbreaks heal alot faster. I've been scrubbing my outbreak area with hydrogen peroxide and then adding dmso to carry it in the wound. The duration of my outbreaks have gone from 1 and a half weeks to about 4 days. So it doing somthing positive.

The following user gives a hug of support to notfun34:
    feelinfree (12-21-2010)
    Old 08-12-2004, 02:06 AM   #6
    jewel4444

jewel4444 HB User

Here is my story someone please help.

I caught the virus from my boyfriend (6 months ago) who did not disclose he had it. Immediately I began researching info on the virus and how I can beat it. I have not been on suppresive therapy. I have tried collidale silver, which kept me from having a breakout for a month. It worked well, but you can not stay on it for long. Now 6 months later I am tring the dmso and h202 method.

I've been on the dmso/ h202 for over a month now. I take h202 35% orally twice a day, using a product that stated each tablespoon equals 35 drops. I also spray 3% hydrogen peroxide in the area of my breakouts and at the bottom of my spine. Then I follow it up with the dmso spray 100% in both areas. So far I have had two breakouts. Once during my monthly cycle and now I am having itching with no breakouts. Both of these breakouts happened within two weeks of each other. Nothing that I would qualify as a healing reaction.

I am not sure if this is working or what else I should do. I just ordered the h202 pills that I can take more often during the day.

Can anyone who have used h202/dmso menthod succesfully give me some insite on what is going on. I am starting a new relationship and I would like to get this SOMEWHAT under controll. At least to were a breakout isn't happening every other week.

Old 08-12-2004, 07:41 AM   #7
    yourspecialmiss
    (female)

yourspecialmiss HB User

Jewel,
    I started DMSO -H202 therapy about 2 months ago. I stopped after approximately 5 weeks due to the horrible taste and because I had ran out of my DMSO supply.

I never received a normal outbreak while I was being treated. However, I started to get red bumps on my butt and I got a weird rash on the lower right torso at one point. Sometimes the red bumps had a tiny white head and they were not painful (maybe a little tender but i dont recall). I haven't had an oral H202 dosage in over a month now and I haven't been spraying the DMSO for equally as long. I haven't had an outbreak since. NOrmally I get a sore in the lady region but that hasn't happened but I still, seldomly, get red bumps on the butt and I do feel the tingling sensation. It's just that the tingling is never followed up by a sore.

Yesterday I started sprayinh the DMSO again and I am building up the courage/guts to start doing the oral H202. Hopefully the second treatment will yeild even better results than the first.

hope this helped put things into perspective.

Old 08-12-2004, 09:17 AM   #8
    jewel4444

jewel4444 HB User

Yourspecialmiss,

Thank you so much for responding to my thread. So far now its been over a month since I began this therapy. I have not had another outbreak for two or more weeks. I also continue to get the tingling feeling though. I immediately spray the DMSO where the tingling feeling is happening and it goes away within 24 hours. Three days ago I received my h202 pills. I have no problem taking those pills as to where the taste of the oral h202 could be difficult. With the dosage amount of the h202, I am taking the equalvalent to 2pills ( 12 drops each) x 3 times a day=72 drops.

I noticed that eventhough I don't have outbreaks " I think" , I do beleive I am having virual shedding. When I take a shower after a day of tingling I notice the sloushing off of the virus ( skin/ scabe). But I never notice an outbreak. Maybe they are getting REALLY small or not at all. I am waiting for that big healing reaction.

I am going to continue this method. I am now up to three to four dosage of h202 pills and three dmso sprays. I hope this stuff works.

Old 08-12-2004, 09:55 AM   #9
    Nonexist
    (male)

Nonexist HB User

A healing reaction isn't a guarantee, it's just common. The symptoms you are having could qualify as a healing reaction. But, it doesn't need to happen in order for the therapy to be effective.

I also had some of the symptoms you mentioned. A large patch of skin under my belly button got very dry and flaky, barely noticable but there. This happened 2 or 3 times, I think it was soon after I stopped treatment. I still get the odd red mark, but I get those everywhere on occassion and always have.

Next month will make it a full 2 years since my last obvious outbreak. I totally believe 100% that this would not be the case if it wasn't for H2O2 and DMSO.

Nonexist

Old 08-12-2004, 10:29 AM   #10
    White Sneakers1

Lightbulb Re: healing reaction from dmso

Hi,

Just throwing in my two cents, for what it may be worth to someone.

There is NO CURE for herpes. Even the most honest medication known to-date to treat this viral infection (Valtrex) does NOT cure herpes.

DSMO and H202 will NOT cure herpes. In most cases, it will not even prevent outbreaks.

H202 is diluted Hydrogen Peroxide. H202 = is the "scientific" name of this solution, which is listed on the Periodic Table of Elements (if you remember your Biology). H2, meaning two parts Hydrogen, and O2, meaning two parts Oxygen. HP is known mainly for it's properties of being able to produce an oxyginated reaction (bubbles) when put on open cuts. You get this reaction because everyone has an enzyme called Catalase in their system. You can also find this enzyme in other living things, like produce (potatoes for example). The oxygen in the HP mixes with the catalase, and the reaction is the bubbles or foam that appears at the site.

HP was used a lot in earlier generations as a cure-all for almost everything and anything. Kind of like cod liver oil used to be. People are so desperate to find a cure or controlled prevention that they are willing to pay top dollar and obtain this. In addition, if you take the time to research this on the internet, you will find the most positive references for this product come from older or foreign sources, and that there is not a current MD that is easily reachable to back this up. All ordering is done through internet or phone, with no person to speak to about the product itself. This is because it's more of a money maker than it is a medically proven solution to use.

The Food and Drug Administration has done studies on HP, and have not drawn solid evidence that it's beneficial for resolving herpetic outbreaks or preventing lesions. In fact, the FDA has worked to dissuade people from ingesting it, because it can have harmful or fatal side effects.

In fact, H202 is often referred to as a chemical, and not as a drug or medication.

By the way, H202 is also used as an enema solution, to bolster wiltering plants, and as a cleaning product.

Just to let you know what you are ingesting.

PS: I would LOVE a cure, as I have herpes for 16 years. Take care.

Last edited by White Sneakers1; 08-12-2004 at 11:59 AM.

Old 08-12-2004, 04:52 PM   #11
    jewel4444

jewel4444 HB User

Thanks whitesneaker!!!

Nonetheless, even if this process does not cure the herpes, it can help with the recurrence of breakouts. I know someone who used this process and she has not had an outbreak for years.

I would like for this to be a cure, but mostly I would like to get my outbreaks undercontrol or to where the breakouts heal faster. And so far, my healing after an outbreak has been within days.

Valtrex and other suppresssive therapy are expensive and if I can do the samething with tremedous less money, then so be it!

Since you are scepticle of this therapy, I will keep you informed.

P.S.

I am fully aware of what H202 is and I also have done my research; nevertheless, you can not deny what some people are experiecing from this therapy. It can be SOOOOO BAD.

Old 08-12-2004, 04:59 PM   #12
    jewel4444

jewel4444 HB User

Nonexist!

Thank you sooo much. You have inspired me to continue this therapy. I also believe this will help my outbreaks as well. The DMSO ironically is a little irritating to my back ( spinal area), but not is my private area. WIERED UHH!! If you have any other advice , my ears are open to recieve.

HAVE A GREAT ONE!

Old 08-13-2004, 07:29 AM   #13
    Nonexist
    (male)

Nonexist HB User

Jewel, I seem to remember the DMSO being a little more irritating on my back as well. Nothing serious, just a little itchy and red for a few minutes. It's awesome that you are excited about this, I was too. Belief in yourself and the power of your mind and body is a key thing in any therapy.

White Sneakers, there are tonnes of threads covering the last 2 years where I've squared off against many oxygen therapy naysayers. I've done hundreds upon hundreds of hours of research on it, and what I learned changed my life drastically. Not just by eliminating OBs, but by showing me that most public information about herpes is contrived and manipulated so that we'll all buy the drugs. The FDA is government organization that pulls favours for it's "sugar daddy", the pharmaceuticals. With all that I've seen, I have to say that anybody who believes the FDA or the multinational corporations is ignorant. I don't even trust what I've learned in school and university anymore - every piece of information we are exposed to in school and from the media is simply a tool of manipulation by our "establishment".

I've said this before, but it's time again: When I stopped believing the media, my doctor, the medical "studies" and the FDA; and started believing in "the underground" is precisely the time I was able to completely eliminate my OBs.

I say to my friends all the time - you can take my crazy ideas any way you want, but how you take them will directly affect the health of you and your children for the rest of your lives.

Nonexist

Old 08-13-2004, 08:16 AM   #14
    White Sneakers1

Smile Re: healing reaction from dmso

Hi Nonexist,

I hope this finds you and the Board doing well today.

I did not call your suggestion a "crazy" one. I was just stating some factual information about ingesting H202. These boards are here not only for support and encouragement, but also to kick around ideas and suggestion, as well as to promote healthy discussions on those suggestions.

Having herpes myself, I would LOVE a cure all or complete preventative, but sadly, there is NONE. Not even H202. I'm glad it seems to be working for you as a means to promote healing and lessen outbreaks.

It's rare for me to have outbreaks any more. I can understand though, why someone WITH severe outbreaks or someone unable to accept that they have an incurable (to-date) STD, would continue to search out and investigate every option or idea that comes along to help them deal any way they can with a herpes outbreak.

There is a lot of negative stigma associated with having an STD, particularly herpes. Herpes is a very common STD to make fun of - you hear it all the time in movies and in jokes. No wonder why people are desperate to get rid of it, and feel ashamed when they get it.

New carriers are especially vulnerable to all the "hey, try this" things that are out there that guarantee a cure or an end to symptoms. In a way, that just prolongs that person from accepting their diagnosis, becoming educated on it, and in some cases adds to passing it onto someone with (thinking that now they are using <this product>, it's safe to assume that they won't have it any more or can't pass it onto someone else).

You should be aware of some of this - go back and read some of these posts!

One thing that I have found over the years on the board is that a poster will find a miracle solution, and then hit it home every chance they have, without taking into consideration anything else the other person may be saying (NOT saying this applies to you). Some people need to be more cautious about trying something new, for various reasons, but that isn't always taken into account. My point being, everything isn't for everybody. Some people are so desperate to try anything, that they don't even put THEIR best interests at heart/consult a physician. Or they buy a ton of something that ends up being costly and that doesn't provide the results they are seeking, and being doubly disappointed.

A diagnosis of herpes is a shock. But it isn't a death sentence. And my reply was just that, a reply. Not an accusation.

Wishing you a good day. Take care!

Last edited by White Sneakers1; 08-13-2004 at 08:26 AM.

Old 08-13-2004, 08:22 PM   #15
    chris09977

chris09977 HB User

Hello,

Just wanted to chime in once again in the same style as nonexist. DMSO and h202 worked for me as well... I don't have a lot of time to repost my "story" or thoughts (very similar to nonexist), but doing a quick search on my board username should turn up my posts regarding h202 and dmso for a full read for those interested. I hope everyone is doing well. Sorry this is so short! Gotta run.

Regards,
    Chris

Closed Thread