It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• how long it takes for the first outbreak to occur?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-24-2004, 11:25 AM   #1
    panic_stress

panic_stress HB User
    how long it takes for the first outbreak to occur?

Hi,

I had a sexual encounter 6 months ago exactly with a female sex worker, we had protected vaginal intercourse for around 2 minutes, and UNPROTECTED oral, i was insertive, for around 2 minutes also. Nothing was visible on her genital area nor her mouth, but of course she could have been shedding the virus.

So far, I have not had any symptons of herpes, but i know the majority of infected people don't show symptons, so is it possible to still show symptons after more than 6 months?

How come herpes testing is not included in routine STDs testing ?

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2004, 03:36 AM   #2
    backpacker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

backpacker HB Userbackpacker HB User
    Re: how long it takes for the first outbreak to occur?

Some people don't get symptoms for years or decades; others never get any. But is there a reason you suspect herpes?

If you show no symptoms but you are still worried, you can get a blood test after several months. I'm not sure of the time you need to wait for the antibodies to develop. Perhaps someone else will chime in here.

Who knows why they don't include it? Some people say it is because herpes (esp oral herpes) is so prevalent. Hmmmm. Silly reason. And who knows why they don't educate young people about it in school? Many people still don't know that all cold sores are herpes.

Closed Thread