It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

Alternative Treatment / Vitamins-DMSO-H202

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2004, 07:26 PM   #1
justnotfair
(female)

justnotfair HB User
Alternative Treatment / Vitamins-DMSO-H202

Looking to find some combination of natural treatments because I do not want to return to medicines. Currently, I take a daily dosage of a multivitamin with iron; I just added 3mg of garlic oil, which is equivalent to 1500mg of garlic.

I am looking to begin taking Red Marine Algae. What is the recommended daily dosage of RMA for maintenance? and during an OB?

Should I consider taking OOO in addition?

Also, does anyone find applying store-market hydrogen peroxide topically daily as any sort of effective treatment?

And lastly, when using DMSO rose cream, how often is it applied and on what areas? Is the application of hydrogen peroxide just as effective?

Anyone's comments would be appreciated, especially those who use a combination of these techniques. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2004, 08:00 PM   #2
jazzyE

jazzyE HB User
Re: Alternative Treatment / Vitamins-DMSO-H202

I've tried drugstore brand h2o2 and found it didn't help as much as when I got the food grade. You've got to dilute the food grade though. I don't know about the DMSO cream...I use the liquid 99% DMSO along with H2O2. For me it killed the ob's almost instantly. The next day they would be gone.

Old 11-20-2004, 10:31 PM   #3
vvvv

vvvv HB User

Food Grade h202, where do you get that?

Thanks Jazzy

Old 11-21-2004, 09:52 AM   #4
jazzyE

jazzyE HB User

I got mine from a pharmacy that specializes in natural remedies. I don't know what's in your area, but sometimes health food stores have it.

Old 11-21-2004, 11:49 AM   #5
lifechange

lifechange HB User

So far, I find the drugstore peroxide to be very effective. I have tried prescription cremes, all the vitamins and nothing worked. Finally in desparation, I tried peroxide and I swear by it! I dab it on about 5 times a day and in 24 hours it is gone. My friend has herpes too and I told him about it, he found it worked for him also...but I think this disease responds differenty to each individual.

Old 11-21-2004, 03:37 PM   #6
justnotfair
(female)

justnotfair HB User

Thanks for sharing that lifechange. I am going to pick up some this evenin to eliminate some tingling. The problem could stem from the babywipes I use that contain fragrance; plus, the wipes probably keeps that region more moist than normal.

Old 12-10-2004, 08:09 PM   #7
free_butterfly

free_butterfly HB User

I have not tried the H2O2. I bought the DMSO and got scared to using it since someone on here mentioned that it did disappear but moved to a different location. I have been taking Cat's Claw, Lysine, Olive Leaf Extract and just read that Licorice could help. I also read on here that eating cabbage helps since it contains some chemical. I have been also eating yogurt and apply Garlic oil which you make yourself and apply that to the area which starts to feel tinglely. Some people have stated that Oil of Oregano works but they say it tastes nasty and you have to do it several times a day. I am all for alternative treatments. I just know that I can't drink cocoa anymore since even with all this stuff I broke out wicked bad. But, I can eat M&M's and Oreos and Dove dark chocolate.

Closed Thread