It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Need to know if I possibly have herpes.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-31-2005, 05:23 PM   #1
    vegee
    (male)

vegee HB User
    Need to know if I possibly have herpes.

Ok, so here's the story.

Over a year ago, I lost my virginity to a girl. We had protected sex and, for certain reasons, we didn't really have "sex", perse...just penetration for a few minutes. In a sense, I didn't even lose my virginity, but...whatever, that's not important.

The fact of the matter is that, seven days prior, she kissed a guy who has genital herpes. After much confirmation from her and from many other close friends, they have deduced that there is no way I have genital herpes.

To clarify, she didn't go down on me either. We just kissed, there was penetration, and that was it.

Flash forward to now. The other day, I noticed some irritation on the base of my penis. It was a little red...not bad, but enough to worry me. She had recently told me that she had kissed this guy, so I started thinking that I might have this virus.

At first, I cut away all of the hair on my genitals. I had never done that before, mind you, and I didn't cut it all away. The irritation seemed to get a little worse, but it was only on this one particular area. After I cut the hair away, my scrotum started to get a little irritated and "pinch". This has been going on since Thursday now (today being Monday) and it hasn't really let up at all. The same minor pain. Last night, I shaved everything off...thinking that the shorter hairs on my penis and scrotum were chafing or poking me in some way. The irritiation is still there, but it's not as bad.

In addition to this, my legs have felt weird. I've gotten this prickly tingling all throughout my legs, but mainly in my thighs though. It doesn't happen all the time, only a feeling here and there, but it's still there. I've also felt kind of out of it, and I've gotten like...hot flashes and other assorted feelings of "blah".

I have a history of working myself into a sickness when I think I have something. I tend to imagine symptoms that I think I have, but these symptoms don't seem to be fake (at least from what I can tell).

To clarify, though, I have to say something. Although it's a little embarassing to admit, the week before I started feeling like this, I wasn't the most cleanly person around. I hadn't showered between Sunday and Thursday, wore the same pair of jeans for the entirety of the week (the same pair of jeans hadn't been washed recently either), and when I jerked off...eh, I'd just let it sit in my underwear. Gross, I know, but I was depressed and didn't care. I also had this redness where my stomach meets my groin area. I've had that a bunch of times in the past when I hadn't showered regularly and it will feel irritated as well. This has happened before I had sex with this girl as well. My thoughts were that because I was uncleanly the week prior to these symptoms, I have this redness and irritation in my groin area. Also, the hair trimming and shaving had contributed to the irritation as well.

As far as I can see, I don't have any bumps on anything that I didn't have previously. I have some bumps on the underside of my penis, but I'm fairly certain I had them before this.

Also...the day before I got this irritation, I had masturbated for like...45 minutes without lubricant.

Wow, this is longwinded. I'm just really scared that I have this and it's been driving me nuts. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, but from what I've read, he can't really help me if I don't have an open sore (which I don't and haven't had).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2005, 06:47 PM   #2
    backpacker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

backpacker HB Userbackpacker HB User
    Re: Need to know if I possibly have herpes.

Well, maybe he would have an idea what else this might be. It's possible the girl had genital h without knowing it--lots of people do. Except for that, doesn't sound like you could have been exposed. There's lots more that can go wrong down there besides herpes.

Old 02-01-2005, 02:06 PM   #3
    beaker24
    Veteran
    (female)

beaker24 HB User

This could be absolutely anything - some kind of fungal infection, irritation, perhaps the indication of some other STD, etc. I suggest you just explain your symptoms to your doctor as he might have a totally different take on this and have ideas that could help you out. Let's face it backpacker's right, you could be having trouble with anything here, so go along and explain the situation.

Old 02-01-2005, 11:59 PM   #4
    vegee
    (male)

vegee HB User

Well, the doctor examined me for a few minutes, asked me some questions, then concluded that I didn't have it. He didn't tell me what I did have, but he assured me I didn't have it.

Should I still get a blood test done? I noticed some red spots on my inner right thigh, but I think those are just from heat/friction.

Old 02-02-2005, 11:33 AM   #5
    Angel
    (female)

Angel HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by vegee
    Well, the doctor examined me for a few minutes, asked me some questions, then concluded that I didn't have it. He didn't tell me what I did have, but he assured me I didn't have it.

Should I still get a blood test done? I noticed some red spots on my inner right thigh, but I think those are just from heat/friction.
    Calm down! He said you didn't have it, stop making yourself believe you have all these certain STDS. As for the blood test, YES I think you should get it so you can have peace and put it to rest.

Old 02-04-2005, 03:57 AM   #6
    vegee
    (male)

vegee HB User

I haven't had the blood test yet, but I called the doctor's office about having one done (since the doctor wasn't sure if his office did that) and hopefully I'll have a result soon.

He said the small little bumps on my penis were normal and, from what I can gather, I did have them before I had sex with said girl.

The only thing that has actually been bothering me as of late is this one little spot on my penis. It was what worried me in the first place and was what caused me to freak out. It's highly irritated and is at the end of this veiny looking thing on the underside of my penis. It looks sort of reddish and whatnot, but as far as I can tell, there has been no fluid build up in it and just seems really, really sore. I know people say that herpes affects people in alot of different ways, but from what I've read...almost everybody has sores that split open on their body. I haven't had that at all... The spot is barely noticeable and just feels raw.

I really don't know what to think anymore. In the past 8 days, I've gone out of my mind thinking that I have herpes. The doctor's confirmation didn't really do anything for me, seeing as he just glanced at the area down there and said that, according to the situation I had with the girl after she had only kissed the guy, I should have nothing to worry about. I feel like he didn't do enough.

I just wish I knew what that little spot of irritation was about.

Closed Thread