It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• DMSO = Positive Results

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-10-2005, 06:46 AM   #1
    Ornament
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ornament HB User
    DMSO = Positive Results

Hey Everyone,
    Update - Dmso creme, is supressing my gential herpes, symptons....I've been using it and O-2 drops for about 2 weeks. And I'm really seeing a difference No OB - pre,during,post menstral cycle....
    Just wanted to share, some good news..... -shinyOrn

Last edited by Ornament; 06-10-2005 at 06:53 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2005, 09:20 AM   #2
    ROLLERGIRL
    (female)

ROLLERGIRL HB User
    Re: DMSO = Positive Results

I'm sorry - what is DMSO and O2 drops and where can I get them? I'm new to all of this and trying to be proactive about supressing outbreaks. Thanks!

Old 06-10-2005, 12:12 PM   #3
    Ornament
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ornament HB User

RollerGirl~
    Do an online search....DMSO, is a creme that you apply to your lower spine area and to OB sites. O-2 is a liquid that you spray and hold under your tongue, about 3 times a day. ( removed ) I was just really surprised to see results that quickly, in such a short time....Good Luck, -shinyOrn

Last edited by moderator2; 06-10-2005 at 06:03 PM. Reason: do not post search instructions to find websites

Old 06-10-2005, 06:50 PM   #4
    ROLLERGIRL
    (female)

ROLLERGIRL HB User
    Talking Re: DMSO = Positive Results

Is this something that i can get at the vitamin shop, or do i have to order them online. Much appreciated - going through first OB, not that bad, thank god but I want to be prepared for the future! Thanks so much for your help!

Old 06-15-2005, 01:33 PM   #5
    tina02
    (female)

tina02 HB User

Shiny, I am happy to hear it has worked for you! I just realized that I am experiencing OB's pre/post menstral also and it sucks. It's happening now for the 2nd time since I was diagnosed begining of April. I think I will try this out, how expensive is it running you? And how long is it lasting? Are you using it everyday or just during the ob? I've not been outbreak free for more than just a few days since diagnosed. . . Thanks for the help,
    Tina

Old 06-20-2005, 10:20 PM   #6
    windinmyhair
    (female)

windinmyhair HB User

Hola, Shinyornament!
    Hey, I read that DMSO makes you smell not-so-wonderful. Not to be personal, but, um....does it make you smell bad? If it does, how bad is it? Is it something that two showers a day can help?

And what are those 02 drops you use? I was having a hard time finding them online.

I refuse to give up! I WILL be outbreak free for at least one week, darnit!

Old 06-21-2005, 12:28 PM   #7
    Ornament
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ornament HB User

Hey Everyone ~
    Thanks for the responses.....
    Update - I have been using DMSO creme after every shower..., every day and still no ob's. Not pre-menstral, during or post menstral, that is a big WOO-Hoo, for me....
    Wind ~ No, it doesn't smell that bad.....It's a white creme that smells like roses and/or grandma's perfume. The scent doesn't linger (no need for 2+ showers) The odor has never been an issue and I'm the one who can't use the garlic-olive oil remedy, because I can't handle that "marinade" smell.....The skin absorbs it rather quickly. Now, as far as the O-2 went, I did it for about 3 weeks...(liquid that you spray under your tongue, a few times a day), then I stopped...It seems as I was using the restroom too frequently. The bottle says O-2 plus, daily dietary supplement, liquid stabilized oxygen. Everyone, search online and read into all the info., I'm not saying this is for everyone....There are +'s and -'s to everything, so read, prior to ordering.....And of course, you current health status, can effect the way that it works....Hope I answered your ???'s, I'll check back......
    Later, -shinyOrn

Last edited by Ornament; 06-21-2005 at 12:33 PM.

Old 06-22-2005, 09:27 AM   #8
    outinthesticks

outinthesticks HB User

Shiny--
    Did you ask your Dr about this stuff?? what are the +/- of it ? I've always heard that DMSO was dangerous.
    Sticks

Old 06-23-2005, 05:48 AM   #9
    Ornament
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ornament HB User

Hey Sticks ~ (glad to see you're back here & typing)
    In this day and age, what isn't dangerous? No, I didn't ask my doctor about it, he was pretty clueless & showed negative viewpoints, when it came to needing information about herpes. But, I do get blood work done regularly, just to keep everything in check.
    Like I stated in my post, it may not be for everyone, that's why I suggested doing research - prior to ordering. So far, I haven't experienced any -'s, with DMSO. But, who knows what the long-term effect could be. But, we could say that for alot of things on the market, these days...I meant that anything, has it's pluses & minuses....that's all. My experience with DMSO, has been nothing, but positive. My neuralgia (constant lower back pain) is gone...And my period ob's have ended. I've really cut back on my supplements, just to see if it is the DMSO, that's working for me and it seems to be. I'm not saying it's for everyone, I just wanted to share my experience with it and maybe offer hope to others to keep trying to find something that works for them....This h-crap, got easier for me, when I started looking at it as "just a skin problem"....
    Thanx for reading, -shinyOrn

Old 06-23-2005, 12:40 PM   #10
    anna-bananna
    Veteran
    (female)

anna-bananna HB User

well I am glad to hear that miss lady, but when you were doing your own personal research, what side effects did you come accross during your search??

Old 07-06-2005, 11:10 PM   #11
    outinthesticks

outinthesticks HB User

Hey Orn,
    Good to be back, Sorry it took me two weeks , ITs been a crazy summer. I know we've used DMSO on our horses for swelling and stuff,.. and then my step dad used to use it like Ben Gay. He always said he tasted oysters after rubbing it on his skin...and then I've read that it can cause vision problems. Anyway, I was just curious...you're absolutely right, everything is dangerous to some people these days.

As for me, I've had a rough spell with the outbreaks, late nights and hectic days. I gave up on the garlic oil, Sorry BP!! but it really wasn't working for me anymore, and I've started applying aloe vera gel right on the spot, it really helped this last go around. I've also quit taking the OOL, I just take some echinacea and the odorless garlic pills when I'm feeling worn out.

Well, keep us posted on the DMSO project, hope it goes well for you. Take it easy--Sticks

Old 07-07-2005, 05:25 AM   #12
    backpacker
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

backpacker HB Userbackpacker HB User

The garlic oil never kept me from getting ob's or even made them heal faster. It just makes me comfortable enough to run, backpack, ride a bike, walk, etc etc while I have one.

Old 07-07-2005, 09:04 AM   #13
    outinthesticks

outinthesticks HB User

OHhh see when I first started using it, it actually seemed to make the outbreaks heal faster, could have been a coincidence, who knows. Good to see you BP
    Sticks

Old 07-11-2005, 08:47 AM   #14
    Ornament
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ornament HB User

Hey everyone ~
    Update - 2nd. month using DMSO and still NO OB....Yipeeeeeeeeee. Not even the pre/post menstral kind. Stopped using the O-2, spent too much time in the bathroom. Just everyday, after I shower I take a tissue with DMSO creme on it and smear it, into one spot on my lower back (spine area). Still haven't gotten the tingles/twitches, nothing....(as she knocks on wood)....Just wanted to share some good news, for a change.....Smiles, -shinyOrn

Old 07-11-2005, 12:05 PM   #15
    pdkylee
    (female)

pdkylee HB User

DMSO stands for (based on my limited medical knowledge) Dimethylsulfoxide.
    It's used for lots of things, anti inflammmation--truckers use it for their back pain, I've used it for swollen tendons and sore backs for my show horses. It also penetrates skin quickly, so with the horses we can use it as a transporter for other anti inflammation drugs (like mixing with another anti inflammatory), as it is absorbed quickly and delivered to the sore spot faster.

Closed Thread