It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Herpes, sudden explosion or not?!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-31-2005, 07:53 AM   #1
    keepsgoin
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

keepsgoin HB User
    Herpes, sudden explosion or not?!

To be honest, I never paid any attention to herpes information until I got this just recently. My BF and I were talking about this crap last night and kind of got into a discussion about how he didn't know that what he had was herpes and I told him I didn't blame him for giving it to me anymore than I blame myself for not knowing that sore on his penis was herpes...he didn't try to hide the sore from me but he associated it was masturbating and rubbing it raw (I now know that friction can make a herpes lesion come up) We started talking about how he's had this "problem" since he was in his early 20's(he's now 50) and said that "noone had herpes back then" and this kinda rubbed me the wrong way because he's still kind of in denial that what he has is herpes(sheeeeeesh!) and he must have gotten it at least 25 years ago because he says he's had these bumps that long(25 or 30 years)! I told him...well it's a funny *&$%#@ thing that my sister got it back in the early 80's then isn't it?!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!! I reminded him that he told me when he was in his early 20's, he was very sexually active and didn't he think that it was logical that he'd have picked up some std along the way? That's when he told me that people didn't have herpes back then...OH PAAALEEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!

So my question is: how common was herpes back then like 25-30years ago compared to today? But he is right in a way, herpes really wasn't talked about back them. AIDS sure was though!

Last edited by keepsgoin; 12-31-2005 at 07:55 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2005, 12:20 PM   #2
    stillme23
    (female)

stillme23 HB User
    Re: Herpes, sudden explosion or not?!

yea I dont think they really worried about herpes back then but it sure was there alright. It's just more out in the open now and more noticed by society I think. If you think about it as time goes by of course things are going to surface more and be more known. Just like HIV, no one knew what the hell it was back then and so many people had it, people were even quarantined because of it, now we know what it is, how it's contracted and so you hear more about it.

As far as your man being in denial, probably normal, but if he's had many sex partners even if it was back then, he could of had this for 20 years! I think about that concerning my man. He admits to being a **** in high school, then claims he met a girl who cleaned him up so to speak, he said that back in high school they didn't worry about things like that cause no one had it and him and his friends I guess kinda slept with the same chicks, everyone was just sleeping with everyone. I said to him during a conversation one time, how do you know that one of those girls or guys didn't go outside your little sex loop and contract something from someone else. Of course this was months ago and way before I even knew I had it.....I don't care what anyone says, no one is safe from STD's if they have had multiple partners whether it was 20 yeras ago or today.

Closed Thread