It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Do sores leave scars?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-26-2006, 06:45 PM   #1
    jaylite
    (female)

jaylite HB User
    Do sores leave scars?

I'm sorry for all these separate threads I'm creating, but I have so many questions since I'm still learning about all of this as well as my body after being diagnosed a few weeks ago... I had my 1st outbreak of genital HSV1 in December and it was like all of you describe: two painful ulcers that lasted for about 10 days, it burned terribly when I peed, swollen lymph nodes in the groin, etc... Anyway, the symptoms went away like I said, after about 10 days. I didn't bother inspecting myself after that, I was just glad to be feeling better.

About two weeks ago, looking back now, I realized that I ate a whole lot of some types of foods you shouldn't eat, but I didn't know about trigger foods then! I ate pistachios, hummus (chick peas) and cashews.... I guess as a result of this, my lymph nodes started to swell again and one night I felt little sharp pains shooting toward "that area" but every time I looked down there, the place where the original 2 ulcers were only appeared slightly redder than my normal skin in that area. There was no pain AT ALL - the only thing that bothered me was my lymph nodes. They have continuously been swollen now for about 3 weeks - yesterday they seemed to be going down. But my question is that when I look in that area, it looks as though my skin was just scarred from the 1st outbreak in those 2 spots - I can see the two spots where the ulcers were before; the skin just looks scarred now. I've been reading though, that herpes does not leave a scar. Has this happened with anyone or am I just experiencing a really long painless outbreak right now?? I don't get it! Where are the ulcers? Not that I'm complaining at all!!!!!!

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2006, 09:15 AM   #2
    laydielov22
    (female)

laydielov22 HB User
    Re: Do sores leave scars?

This happned to me it took my scars like 2 wks to be completly gone! I noticed when i kept messing w/ them it took them LONGER to heal up...just keep the area dry and clean and try not to worry about it. everybody's bodies are diff some may take a shorter time to heal some may take longer...they will go away eventually!

Closed Thread