It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Tested Positive No Symptoms?!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-06-2006, 08:43 PM   #1
    Frustr8ed84
    (female)

Frustr8ed84 HB User
    Tested Positive No Symptoms?!

So I was tested in March bc i found a prescription paper for valtrex in my partners drawer. It came up positive, Altho Ive never had an outbreak. It wasnt from my current partner bc HSV2 wont show up in your system for 3 months and we werent together 3 months prior. I know who I got it from and Im so upset and annoyed. I was also tested at planned parenthood twice before going to my GYN (They dont test for HSV unless you request it, but they also DONT tell you that). I know i have it because my previous boyfriend was tested and received positive results.

Im frustrated because Ive never had a breakout. Sometimes I feel burning and itching but Ive taken the Valtrex and it doesnt help it. Currently I have tiny pimple like things around my lower bikini line but they dont go away with the Valtrex either Ive had them for like 2 months now. I am so confused and wish I could experience a break out just so I know what its like and I can stop being so paranoid. I check myself out multiple times a day and I feel like its consuming my life right now. I feel like if I know how my body reacts to the OB i can begin to search for a relationship. Help Me! Does anyone else not get OB's?!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2006, 05:55 AM   #2
    azerty123
    (male)

azerty123 HB User
    Re: Tested Positive No Symptoms?!

Have you ever had a coldsore on your lip? It is rare, but HSV II can live in the lips rather than the genitals.

Old 08-07-2006, 06:16 AM   #3
    keepsgoin
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

keepsgoin HB User
    Re: Tested Positive No Symptoms?!

If you are lucky, you won't ever have a bad OB...many people are carrying around herpes 2 that don't know they have it....kinda like hpv...and Valtrex doesn't work for a lot of people so don't assume because the burning/itching doesn't improve with Valtrex that it's not a herpes symptom. That can be a herpes symptom...or it could just have been a Bacterial Infection. But if you harbor hsv2, it's possible to spread it without an OB. Trust me, you really don't want to have a full blown OB and just be glad that your symptoms are mild or none as most people that have herpes are.

Closed Thread