It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• I may have spread my cole sores! i need serious help! im scared!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-15-2006, 12:51 PM   #1
    worriedteen889
    (female)

worriedteen889 HB User
    I may have spread my cole sores! i need serious help! im scared!

I have never had intercorse or anything like that. I was kissing my boyfriend tho and then he went down on me. Later that night i realized i was getting a colesore on my lip. i was worried i might get genital herpes from that. I kept checking and didnt really notice any change for about 3 and a half weeks. now i have just noticed that i have a couple of itchy lumps im my genital area. They are kind of like mosquito bites and itch like them too. now i know that if u have direct skin to skin contact with an infected area and none infected (like from lips to the genitals during oral sex) but i was wondering if i kissed my boyfriend when i had a cole sore and then straight after that my boyfriends lips came into contact with my genitals can i spread then that way? And does it sound like i have herpes? im in a forigein country on exchange and i have insurance but im not sure if it would cover a doctors visit for this type of thing. I need help?? can herpes spread the way i have said? from me kissing my boyfriends lips when i have one and then having him go straight down on me?? or would the herpes virus died when it came into contact with the air??
    i need help, im worried out of my mind! im not sleeping! i need help!!! please help me!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2006, 05:47 PM   #2
    TigerShine007
    (female)

TigerShine007 HB User
    Re: I may have spread my cole sores! i need serious help! im scared!

Hi there! Please don't worry! There is a good chance that you DID NOT spread the virus down south. The virus that produces cold sores is HVS1 and the genital kind is HVS2. Even though it IS possible to pass one to the other site on the body, it's not likely and I think the chance is a lot less for it happening to yourself. From what I have read, your body builds up antibodies against the virus, so you can't really spread it to other parts. That's why when you get cold sores, you always get them in the same spot generally. Please somebody correct me if I am wrong.
    This has happened a few times for me where my boyfriend and I are kissing, he goes down on me, and sometime later like the next morning I wake up with a cold sore. Nothing has happened as of yet, knock on wood!!
    Let us know what happens, GL to you!

Closed Thread