It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• From sores to blisters....why?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-01-2006, 11:26 AM   #1
    CloudySkies
    (female)

CloudySkies HB User
    From sores to blisters....why?

I'm not sure what's going on with this recurrent OB I've been experiencing. I was diagnosed with HSV (not sure of the type) about 5 weeks ago. The initial OB starting taking place around mid August or so with the appearance of sores on the 23rd of Aug. From first physical symptoms until I was totally healed, was about 3 weeks. However, the sores that broke out over the first 8-10 days, were exactly that "sores"...they never blistered. I never saw with my own eyes any fluid filled blisters...and believe me, I checked the area often through out the day those first 2 weeks.

So then I had all of about a week and a half of being healed and all better....then started with a recurrent OB. My confusion is that they say they're supposed to be less intense and usually shorter in duration, etc. Well it seems the moment the 2nd OB started (within 4-5 hrs after having intense pain from my buttocks down my right leg) there were blisters (two of them, little ones) in the same area as where the very first sores appeared. Then 4-5 days later started having pain around the anal area....ended up with two lesions there that weren't there during the intial OB. THEN 11 days after the 2nd OB started with those first two blisters, I break out with a rash in the same spot as the last rash that appeared during the first OB (just under the left butt cheek more toward the back on my thigh - not inner thigh). I broke out in EXACTLY this spot during the intial OB and it was the last place to breakout as well and therefore the last place to finish healing. It happened prescisely the same way during this recurrent one but 11 days later AND the area blistered this time as well, but didn't the first time.

This rash had about 6-7 tiny little sores all clumped rather close together and because they turned into blisters this time, two of them joined together making one slighty larger blister, which I might add STILL has not broke open (the others have but only just now - happened over night last night). So it's been 5 days now since this last area showed the herpes and the larger blister hasn't broke open and the area has been more painful and lasting longer this time than the first time.

Why now would the sores blister and why is it lasting longer and this last particular area more painful than the first time? The day the two blisters appeared clearly indicating a recurrent OB already...I began taking Valtrex (3 days, twice a day of I believe 500mg tablets). It clearly must not have done what it should have or was supposed to do or is this all normal when you're first diagnosed? My Dr. says this is not the "norm" that most of her patients do not get a recurrent OB that quickly....only had a week and a half maybe in between! I just don't understand why this 2nd OB is lasting just as long and the sores are blisters this time and more painful and itchy than the first time....when it's the 1st initial one that is actually supposed to be worse?! This 2nd OB started Sept 16 for crying out loud....by the time these last blisters are all broken and healed up, it's going to be at least another week....which by doing the math, will make this OB longer in duration than the first and with the sores being worse and more intense this time (though I didn't have fever, chills, etc. this time - BIG DEAL, at least I can control those symptoms with flippin Ibuprophen or something!). I'm now getting angry....wasn't angry before.........

Last edited by CloudySkies; 10-01-2006 at 11:35 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2006, 01:01 PM   #2
    keepsgoin
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

keepsgoin HB User
    Re: From sores to blisters....why?

Sorry it's not going like you would like but still as I've said before...just sounds like typical herpes stuff to me...as far as I'm concerned it doesn't sound one bit out of the ordinary. The typical patient with herpes will have the first OB as the worse and then maybe never have another one but that's not to say that is how it happened with everyone. I've been reading here since December of last year and I have seen all types of OBs. I pretty much had one solid OB for 6 months...with just little breaks of almost not OBs here and there. Finally I've gotten to where I feel almost normal again. I think that every OB I have had has been different from the last. Sometimes I don't even have any sores at all, just pain and then maybe a tiny red spot.

Old 10-02-2006, 03:30 PM   #3
    GettingWellAgain
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GettingWellAgain HB User
    Re: From sores to blisters....why?

Hello,

I'm sorry you are going through this :-( Actually, I'm sorry anyone has go through this--having herpes definitely sucks. I am in agreeance with Keepsgoin as far as this sounding like "typical" herpes. As you may have found from reading this board, there are soooo many doctors who are just not educated enough about herpes. My doctor also said that I was "extremely unusual" and that I must not have been having true OB's and that it was probably just a rash (I don't get blisters, only small and very painful bumps). This was ridiculous to me because all you have to do is sign on to this forum and it is clear that I was *not* the only one experiencing long, severe, recurring outbreaks. Also, with my initial OB, although I was terribly sick and flu-like for over a month and had sore, tingling and burning genitals, I didn't get actual bumps with an OB until a few months ago. This may sound disheartening, but my initial OB was about eight months ago and my outbreaks just started getting slightly better. I now have a bit of daily tingling and one-two bad outbreaks per month. I never knew what # OB I was on because all of my OB's blended into one long, horrible OB. I don't mean to be negative at all, because EVERYONE is different when it comes to herpes, but maybe you will be reassured knowing you are not the only one experiencing this. I am probably somewhat of a unique case only because I have adrenal problems/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, so therefore my immune system is very weak. I'm sure someone who is otherwise healthy and has a strong immune system is 10 times more likely to experience LESS frequent outbreaks as time goes on. From everything I have read, herpes does get better with time, and you just have to be patient, as frustrating as it is. I suffered emotionally from having herpes as well as physically, and still deal with the frustration, but as time goes on, it gets a bit better. The best thing you can do to help with your outbreaks is to become as healthy as you possibly can. Exercise gently, eat properly, and take nutritional/herbal supplements to boost your immunity. Triggers for an OB can be unique to each person, but I have heard that products like Splenda, Aspartame, Saccharin, MSG, artificial flavors/colors can all contribute to an OB. I eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies, take a good quality Vitamin C with bioflavanoids, eat good fats and lean meats, and avoid processed food, as it is just an extra burden on your body. I have had some help with taking garlic supplements, as well. Some others that people on this board take are Olive Leaf Extract and Oil of Oregano. Both are potent antibacterial/antiviral/antifungal herbs. As for topical treatments, I spray the area with hydrogen peroxide, and I also use diluted tea tree oil--it speeds healing tremendously. Good luck!
    ~Katalina

Closed Thread