It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Help please! If anyone has info...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-22-2007, 02:13 PM   #1
    Pearlsofwisdom
    (female)

Pearlsofwisdom HB User
    Help please! If anyone has info...

Hi everyone, new to the board. I was diagnosed with herpes 2 1/2 years ago. I find it very frustrating that all the doctors I have been to don't seem to know much about this virus, and really couldn't help me at all. I tried valtrex, that didn't help. I tried chinese herbs... I think it helped a little, but not enough. I only get outbreaks when I am sexually active... is that normal? When I do get an outbreak it lasts 6 wks, isn't that a bit long? Also, I don't usually get many bumps on my genitals... mostly on my butt and back of thighs. After my outbreak I get nasty bumps all over the same area, but these do not open like lesions... just like large bug bites that take wks to go away, and then leave scars, and then re-appear continuously if I am sexually active. It's annoying, painful, and embarrassing. I'm worried that this is something I will have to worry about my entire life. Does anyone have any suggestions how I can prevent this from occuring, or atleast get under control. I feel helpless and don't know what to do. Thank you so much, I appreciate your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2007, 09:12 PM   #2
    BurnedByAnAngel
    (male)

BurnedByAnAngel HB User
    Re: Help please! If anyone has info...

Hey, since youre new Ill first point out that you can find out a lot of info by doing a "board search" at the top of the forums with key words that you want to find out about ie "itching" etc.

That being said. Well when I first got H I did get some outbreaks on my butt/back area too. However as time went on I just stopped getting them there, now they're pretty much localized in the original area I was infected. Everything else u mentioned sounds normal and familiar. As far as suggestions Im no doctor but these helped me...

1) Benadryl...helps reduce the itching sensation...

2) To reduce outbreaks after sex I would suggest using a lubricant. Astroglide being my preference but stay away from the "heat" kind. This reduces friction which MAY be causing your outbreaks.

3) To possibly help reduce (i have no idea how to prevent) outbreaks I would suggest taking vitamins, especially vitamin C to boost your natural immune system to help your body fight off infections before and as they occur. In addition you can do a board search to see what other people are taking. Personally I only take Vitamin C and a multi vitamins.

4) Time...basically over time you're suppose to get less and less outbreaks as your immune system develops ways to better fight the virus.

Hope that helps.

Old 01-23-2007, 12:50 AM   #3
    Audrey-B
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
    Re: Help please! If anyone has info...

Burned gave some good suggestions. The only other thing i wanted to state was if you are on birth control then you will need a good multivitamin daily as BC pills deplete your body of some key vitamins and this could lead to your immune system lowering which is another reason some people get a lot of o/b's or why their o/b's are taking a long time to heal.

My o/b's do not appear at my labia/vaginal area but appear at my anal area and it will be more like a red rash. Mine seem to be occuring more and more a couple of weeks before my period which seems is caused by ovulation which would be a hormonal thing.

The problem with this virus is that some might get it due to friction during sex, for others it's diet, stress, immune system, lifestyle, hormonal. You really need to experiment with things eg: using some lubrication liked burned suggested or trying topical treatments which which might help the healing process and taking multivitamins. If you lack certain vitamins it can lead to skin taking ages to repair itself also.

Closed Thread