It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

Hsv2 in mouth only?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-14-2007, 12:05 PM   #1
xersen
Inactive
(male)

xersen HB Userxersen HB User
Hsv2 in mouth only?

I had some blood work done recently because ive been having a lot of problems with dizziness and fatigue.

I tested positive for HSV2. It wasn't really surprising because ever since early childhood, I've had problems with sores in my mouth. (canker sores) I have never once had anything appear in the genital area though. My understanding is that HSV2 is usually a genital problem. Is that correct?

I have been with the same partner for about 5 years, and I do not seem to have passed anything along, not even the mouth sores.

Doctor said I should consider using protection and being very careful. Isn't it likely that if I were going to transmit the virus, it would have happened by now?

And this might be totally far fetched, but does anyone with herpes have problems with dizziness and/or fatigue?

Thanks

Last edited by xersen; 02-14-2007 at 12:05 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2007, 02:21 PM   #2
matter of time
Senior Veteran
(female)

matter of time HB User
Re: Hsv2 in mouth only?

You are right HSV2 is a genital problem but many people don't have symptoms, which may be your case. Canker sores are not herpes...so you probably just get them too. Oral HSV2 while rare, does not recur frequently, so you probably just get a lot of canker sores.

Hard to say if you ever passed it on, partner may not recognize or have symptoms, or it can be so dormant in you that you did not pass it.

Your dizzyiness and fatigue are caused by something else.

Your partner may want to be tested just to know for sure.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:27 PM   #3
overitall
(male)

overitall HB User

i hear from my doc that hsv2 is very unlikely to spread via saliva
due to its dna structure and where it sits in the spine while being dormant

any else ever have contracted hsv2 on their genitals from saliva? and not body or vagianl/anal intercourse?

Old 03-28-2007, 03:51 AM   #4
stasis4
(female)

stasis4 HB Userstasis4 HB Userstasis4 HB User

i have since read of other posts by 3-4 people on healthboards here who also have oral hsv2.
many people have got herpes even on their elbows, their breasts, their eyes called ocular herpes and even fingers, called herpetic whitlow. so why not mouth ? on the internet i have read of studies where oral hsv2 was found. they say most stds can be transmitted to the mouth also since bacteria and viruses that cause stds can enter through the moist skin of the mouth too....

Just to be on the safe side, u shud be careful to not spread it via saliva. from what i read on the net, alot of viruses can be spread by other body fluids other than just the genital ones.

Last edited by hb-mod; 05-18-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:51 PM   #5
overitall
(male)

overitall HB User

i agree with nppuzzled...
you can get it on the elbows even the breasts and feet weirdly enough and it can be either strain..
i posted this before..so ill repost what i posted yesterday to support what nppuzzled said...
I remember a friend of mine had a patient who was in a geratric state and in a coma had herpes2 blisters on his elbows (fluid like blisters) when he was a nurse's aide he changed the diapers of all the patients at night.

a year later he developed the same fluid type blisters his patient had. IN THE SAME SPOT! on his elbows
he swears he got the hsv2 from his patient when he changed him because he was wearing scrubs and no arm sleeves. never had a sexual encounter either.
according to some research that type of transmission is possible
skin to skin, one of that guys blisters could have ruptured and went into his skin. at least thats what he thinks.

another thing i just finished reading is that you can have hsv1 and it can convert to hsv2 because the dna is 99% similar. they are trying to find the evidence on that, so my doctor said in the few years to come you'll see alot of new research being put out there. So in my opinion, the drug companies are making so much money its pathetic. they arent necessarily looking for a cure more than a manage thing.. which bites.. they also are trying for a vaccine but that wont help any of us that have already tested positive for 1 or 2
we just need to know more on the virus but keep washing your hands! i use tea tree oil for everything.. its funny cause im greek i should be using windex like in the big fat greek wedding movie but instead, im using tea tree for everything
body wash, mouthwash(ick) but everything they make with tea tree even my hair gel

Closed Thread