It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Cold,Flu or "Die-Off"?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-15-2003, 02:06 PM   #1
    Luluanne

Luluanne HB User
    Post Cold,Flu or "Die-Off"?

I hope someone would help me ou on this. I started to take Olive Leaf 4 days ago and was doing fine until yesterday, then I started to feel strange, very aggitated and depressed and thought I was in for a HP attack. Well I did start to a breakout last nite, with itching etc. but by morning it was gone!!! This is great, no breakout, but I feel like the flu or cold has set in. Is this part of the "Die-Off" effect? I have had Herpes since 1981 and really want this treatment to work. My body has always been sensitive to any meds. so I always avoid them as much as possible. Lately my breakouts have been 4-5 days appart which is unusual and I HAVE HAD IT!!!!!!!
    So that is why I am trying the Olive Leaf. More that the breakouts I really can't stand the pre-breakout symptoms which include deppression, aggitation, backache and other weird sensations! Does anybody else experiance these types of symptoms? As you can tell I"m having one of those days.
    Please help me understand! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2003, 11:10 PM   #2
    TheOneInFour
    Inactive

TheOneInFour HB User
    Hi Luluanne,

I've never taken OLE so I can't comment a lot about its effects, although most people on the board who have tried it report a period of feeling sluggish and run down for a while. However, I wanted to point out that just before and during an OB it's not uncommon to get "flu-like symptoms" which can feel the same kind of thing as what you describe. Swollen lymph nodes (in the groin if it's genital herpes) and feeling generally run down.

That's great that your OB symptoms are very short lived now that you're on the OLE. I can see I'm going to have to try this stuff sometime soon. Keeping your stress level down is bound to help too. Let us know how you make out!

TheOneInFour

Old 05-16-2003, 07:45 AM   #3
    Luluanne

Luluanne HB User
    Quote:
    Originally posted by TheOneInFour:
    Hi Luluanne,

I've never taken OLE so I can't comment a lot about its effects, although most people on the board who have tried it report a period of feeling sluggish and run down for a while. However, I wanted to point out that just before and during an OB it's not uncommon to get "flu-like symptoms" which can feel the same kind of thing as what you describe. Swollen lymph nodes (in the groin if it's genital herpes) and feeling generally run down.

That's great that your OB symptoms are very short lived now that you're on the OLE. I can see I'm going to have to try this stuff sometime soon. Keeping your stress level down is bound to help too. Let us know how you make out!

TheOneInFour
    Hi OneInFour

Thanks so much for your input on my first message boared, you have been helpful.
    I have noticed that on your past messages you have leaned towards destressing the mind and body as being helpful in combating the recurance of outbreaks. Since I have delt with this part of my life for over 20 years I have tried many things, the lastest is OLE, and overall the only real help has come from self-hypnosis and meditation to calm down my nervous system and destress my thinking. Last year I was symptom free but have let stress back on the front burner and am paying for it now!
    Thank you for reminding me to destress, sometimes You forget that this little bug lives deep down in your nerves!

Thans Again
    Luluanne

Old 05-16-2003, 10:14 AM   #4
    Luluanne

Luluanne HB User
    Thanks OneInFour,
    I am still working out the bugs in this board, I left you a message .
    Luluanne http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif

Closed Thread