It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Oil of Oregano and Olive Leaf Extract

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-03-2003, 10:30 AM   #1
    gatesofpearl

gatesofpearl HB User
    Post Oil of Oregano and Olive Leaf Extract

I started using oil of oregano sublingually (i.e. under my tongue) nine weeks ago, then added olive leaf extract three weeks ago. I haven't had an outbreak in that entire time. Normally I would get one every five weeks.

The oil of oregano seemed to work fine by itself. I added the olive leaf extract after reading about its effectiveness. At some point I will halt all treatment and see if I am "cured."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2003, 11:34 AM   #2
    TheOneInFour
    Inactive

TheOneInFour HB User
    Hi GoP,

That's great that you're finding relief from symptoms with the essential oils. I'll have to add oregano to my list of alternative remedies to try.

Just to clarify... please be aware that an absence of symptoms doesn't mean you're "cured." I went on suppressive Acyclovir for a year or two and went without any OBs for many months after I stopped...until stress kicked me in the pants again. LOL So you may not get symptoms after stopping the treatment, but that doesn't mean the virus is gone or that you will never get OBs again. Also, you can still be contagious even without symptoms. I don't mean to be a wet blanket, just to put it in a little perspective.

Thanks for sharing your progress. Do keep us posted!

TheOneInFour

Old 05-05-2003, 05:14 PM   #3
    gatesofpearl

gatesofpearl HB User
    I believe that the oregano oil will kill the entire virus if given enough time. It kills it in a Petri dish (in a lab), and so it will kill it in the body as well (though it will take longer, as this particular virus likes to hide). Over the years, I've found that man-made substances are inferior to God-made substances.

A first century wise man said, "As you have believed, so be it unto you." If we believe that the virus can't be killed, then it probably won't be.

Old 05-05-2003, 08:43 PM   #4
    Hopeful03

Hopeful03 HB User
    absolutely gatesofpearl, it will happen as long as YOU believe in it. it's important to be OPEN-minded, after all it is YOUR body and no one but YOU can help cure it. I, myself am planning to do a herbal treatment in a few weeks. So far, i've been using OLE and h-balm every once in a while but i haven't had outbreaks since my first. IT's wierd but i feel like i'll never see an outbreak again(hope i'm not jinxing myself ) ( they say about 80% of people have recurrent outbreaks) so why can't i be the exception. I think this is the type of attitude you need to have.
    Best Wishes !

Old 05-05-2003, 08:53 PM   #5
    Hopeful03

Hopeful03 HB User
    gatesofpearl, i've just read some stuff about oregano oil, please tell me where i can get some/ how to take it.

Old 05-06-2003, 05:46 AM   #6
    sadgirl222

sadgirl222 HB User
    I'd also like to know where to buy oil of oregano, how much to take, and does it have a strong smell?

[This message has been edited by sadgirl222 (edited 05-06-2003).]

Old 05-06-2003, 07:14 PM   #7
    Hopeful03

Hopeful03 HB User
    hey guys,

i came across a website with Dr. cass Ingram, he speaks about oil of oregano on an audio clip for like an hour. He spoke about what oil of oregano heals; one of which being herpes. I think one bottle is 30 bucks and you take it under tongue twice a day. Do a search with his name and you'll see.

Old 05-10-2003, 03:29 PM   #8
    Nikkirxyz

Nikkirxyz HB User
    I just bought Oil of Oregano the other day finally and Olive Leaf Extract, both in bottle form. Im anxious to hear some of your responses to the oregano. I bought it to keep my immune system up to schnuff because I got shingles several months ago. Also bought astragalus/shizandra complex which is another ayurvedic immune system builder. Anything that builds the immune system certainly can help the range of herpes across the board. Added grapeseed extract also.

Tried the oil or oregano under my tongue. Ouch! Nasty stuff. It would be hard for me to do every day, but if I have to I have to!!

Nikkir

Old 05-10-2003, 05:29 PM   #9
    Hopeful03

Hopeful03 HB User
    hey,
    I just bought oil of oregano also (liquid form), yucky stuff but hey it's good for ya. I finished my bottle of olive leaf extract and managed to be herpe free while using it. now i'm doing Oil of oregano hoping it will work. don't forget to check out my herbs that heal post for some more herbs that heal herpes ... I just love the natural approach to dealing with this virus.Maybe if more people turned to these natural suppresents we could put these shameful drug companies out of business; who's only real purpose is to make money off of people. oh and I bought echinecha ... fingers crossed. good luck to all

Old 05-10-2003, 05:43 PM   #10
    gatesofpearl

gatesofpearl HB User
    Regarding oil of oregano, I mainly use Dr. Cass Ingrams' formula, but others work also. You only need a few drops under the tongue, twice a day. The taste is INTENSE! Whoa ...

The Olive Leaf Extract (OLE) I use is made fresh to order. It can be found on the internet. Do a search through Google and you should find it. (I'd give the brand name, but I don't want to violate any message board policies.)

The OLE has cut my sleep time by 1.5 hours. The energy boost is real.

I've been on the oil of oregano for over 10 weeks now. Still no outbreaks. Dr. Cass Ingram claims the oil will kill the virus in 30 to 90 days. We'll soon see.

Old 05-10-2003, 06:36 PM   #11
    Hopeful03

Hopeful03 HB User
    hey gates,

I have a question for you since this has been baffling me.. let's say you get tested soon to see if herpes has left your system, will it still be possible to detect antibodies... do antibodies stick around even if the virus is no longer in your system? or do they go away with the virus?.. I wish someone could answer this question.

Old 05-11-2003, 10:53 AM   #12
    gatesofpearl

gatesofpearl HB User
    Not sure about antibodies. But I plan to get tested in early July, so we'll see.

Not only have I not had any breakouts while on the oil, but I no longer have that weird tingling sensation I used to get. This oil is great!

Old 05-13-2003, 05:56 AM   #13
    Nonexist
    (male)

Nonexist HB User
    Hopeful: Antibodies stay in your bloodstream forever. So, if there is a cure for herpes, it's impossible to prove. In clinical trials, the only measure of effectiveness is "frequency and severity" of outbreaks. I've always said that I think there is a cure right now, probably at our local health food store. There has been a lot of buzz here about OLE and oil of oregano, and I've just gone a whole year without an OB after an aggressive (and controversial) "oxygenation" treatment. Mother nature can take care of us, if we let her LOL.

Nonexist

Old 05-13-2003, 02:14 PM   #14
    frostyman

frostyman HB User
    Talking

Hey, congrats on your success with Oil of Oregano and Olive Leaf Extract. It really sounds like it could be a really good remedy. After reading your post I think I'm gonna try to get some myself. My only question is where exactly can I find the stuff besides the internet, and also how do I know how much to take of each? I really wanna give these natural approaches a fair shot, I just need to know the right way. If any of you guys out there can help, please post to let all of us know.
    One more thing, I just want to thank all you out there posting your comments and thoughts about having this problem. Since reading up on other peoples input, I truly feel MUCH less alone in the whole thing. Thanks to all of you out there for being so strong and open about it, it's just the attitude we need to fight this. Thank you all so much again.

*Frosty*

Old 05-14-2003, 05:29 AM   #15
    sadgirl222

sadgirl222 HB User
    Nonexist--

How did you receive the oxygenation treatment? I am considering it in the future if all else fails...I just want to know what you went through in more detail--where you had it done (professionally, self-applied), etc. Please let me know! THANKS!!!

Closed Thread