It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• herpes and how it works

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-09-2009, 11:07 PM   #1
    ladylove2290
    (female)

ladylove2290 HB User
    herpes and how it works

I was diagnosied with herpes about 4 yrs ago ( genital) and i had stop taking my valtrex after my first out break i have had little to no out breaks except during my last pregnancy 2 yrs ago. Anyways i am now having a herpes outbreak on my lips and i would like to know how is that? Because I thought they were 2 different kinds of herpes i have never in all my life every had a cold sore or anything, i was wondering if it got transfered from my husband giving me oral sex then kissing me, but we have been togther for 4 yrs and has gave me oral sex and kissed me and I've never had this problem so is it possiable he got it from someone and gave it to me. because one is hvs-1 and 2. Please help me i need to know also i am pregnant .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2009, 01:32 PM   #2
    BABYGIRL51
    (female)

BABYGIRL51 HB User
    Re: herpes and how it works

Its possible that he gave you oral and its possible you were having viral shedding which shows no symptoms and he passed it to your mouth. Hsv1 and hsv2 are herpes and they are almost 100% the same disease . One affects the genitals (hsv2) and the other afeects the lips face, etc.. (hsv1). Its possible to get hsv 2 on the mouth and hsv1 on the genitals. But if you get hsv2 on the mouth its rare that you will ever have another outbreak there. It prefers the genital area. And if you get hsv1 on the genitals its possible to only have that one initial outbreak and wont come back again cause hsv1 prefers the mouth. You can ******** herpes handbook on web for free. It has alot of info that you may find helpful. I hope this helps. ******** the book for free it really educates you on this miserable disease. Also you should maybe find out if you were tested for both of hsv's. when you originally got tested and found out you had hsv2. i always had cold sores since a child and when i found out i had both hsv1 and hsv2 i was devastated, but it does get better and the out breakes dont come as much. this disease is very complicated and you need to educate yourself on it ******** the book for free.

Last edited by BABYGIRL51; 09-10-2009 at 01:38 PM.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:46 AM   #3
    ladylove2290
    (female)

ladylove2290 HB User

thank you I will ******** it and I wasnt exactly told which one I had(just that it was gential herpes) I was too upset when I found out I thought I was going to die it was one of the most horriable days of my life. And then I was scared and thinking maybe my husband had been messing around and gave me another one. But he has never showed any symtoms of the virus at all in four yrs.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:02 AM   #4
    ladylove2290
    (female)

ladylove2290 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BABYGIRL51 View Post
    Its possible that he gave you oral and its possible you were having viral shedding which shows no symptoms and he passed it to your mouth. Hsv1 and hsv2 are herpes and they are almost 100% the same disease . One affects the genitals (hsv2) and the other afeects the lips face, etc.. (hsv1). Its possible to get hsv 2 on the mouth and hsv1 on the genitals. But if you get hsv2 on the mouth its rare that you will ever have another outbreak there. It prefers the genital area. And if you get hsv1 on the genitals its possible to only have that one initial outbreak and wont come back again cause hsv1 prefers the mouth. You can ******** herpes handbook on web for free. It has alot of info that you may find helpful. I hope this helps. ******** the book for free it really educates you on this miserable disease. Also you should maybe find out if you were tested for both of hsv's. when you originally got tested and found out you had hsv2. i always had cold sores since a child and when i found out i had both hsv1 and hsv2 i was devastated, but it does get better and the out breakes dont come as much. this disease is very complicated and you need to educate yourself on it ******** the book for free.

ALso i have been outbreaks since feb and just recently i had the worst one ever and found out by serching the web that is was herpes.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:44 AM   #5
    BABYGIRL51
    (female)

BABYGIRL51 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ladylove2290 View Post
    also i have been outbreaks since feb and just recently i had the worst one ever and found out by serching the web that is was herpes.
    beleive me i do understand how you feel i never experienced any type of outbreak on the genitals and then i go get tested like i do every 6 months ( because of an unfaithful partner i was with for 16 yrs and found out when we broke up just how un-faithful he was ) and i was told i had hsv-1 and hsv-2. I wanted to die i wanted to curl up in a ball and just end it. Then i read the herpes handbook and seen i wont die from this but i will have it forever and i thought it could of been so much worse like h.i.v. And i was just diagnosed 4/08 its still hard for me on my ob days but it does get better i promise you it does. You need to take care of your body and dont stress yourself that is the number 1 trigger to an out break. Eat right, sleep well and boost your immune system with vitamin c, lysine tablets etc... They will tell you this in the book. Also i dont know if you have tried valtrex but im on it daily to suppress the ob's and to avoid giving it to my current boyfriend whom is aware of my disease and chose to stay with me. This disease is more of a pain in the a-- then anything. If you need anything or just want to talk im here.
    was your husband ever tested? this can lay dormant with no signs or symptoms and then one day just come out. he really should get tested.

Last edited by BABYGIRL51; 09-11-2009 at 11:45 AM.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:17 PM   #6
    matter of time
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

matter of time HB User

I bet you have genital type 2 and oral type 1. Type one is often not sexually transmitted, just from casual greeting kissing. You could have acquired it any time or your husband could have too. Don't go accusing your husband of cheating just because of this. It is possible you had dormant oral herpes for many years and the stress of the pregnancy brought it on. Remember about 80% of adults have type 1 oral herpes and don't know it so you and your husband could be included in that group.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:56 PM   #7
    questionz
    (female)

questionz HB User

I have herpes type 2 and my b/f wanted to get tested to see if he has it as well but they(doctors) told him that they couldnt test unless their was an outbreak??? I hear everyone say that they get tested and Im curious on how its done.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:25 PM   #8
    lifecontinues
    (female)

lifecontinues HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by matter of time View Post
    I bet you have genital type 2 and oral type 1. Type one is often not sexually transmitted, just from casual greeting kissing. You could have acquired it any time or your husband could have too. Don't go accusing your husband of cheating just because of this. It is possible you had dormant oral herpes for many years and the stress of the pregnancy brought it on. Remember about 80% of adults have type 1 oral herpes and don't know it so you and your husband could be included in that group.
    So true, coz when i got my frist OB, and went to the doctor and he told me it's herpes i started questioning myself and my fiance, but then i read on the internet that cold sore is actually herpes1 which i didn't know. we perform oral most of the time, probably when i had an ob on the lip and thought nothing of it... Hmm, well when i told my fiance ,he ask me if i'm sure it's herpes, i said yes,coz i have all the symptoms. he said i'm to go get a blood test, he wasn't mad or act oh i thought he would. He sometimes get cold sore in the mouth so i was saying ,it could have transfer to my genital. It's been anyr since i had it.. My las ob was 3 weeks ago it wasn't so bad like my previous ones.. i'm learning to deal with this at a more stress free way... now ,i'm trying to get pregnant, not gonna let h stop my life... So happy i found this support group...
    i found the happy couple thread, i'm reading through it, and it give me hope that i'll have a normal life and inspire me to look towards the future...
    So to anyone who's just or recently found out they have h pls don't let it get u down, there's happy life living with h. i know at first u gonna think it's the end of ur life, but the ob aren't gonna stick around for the rest of ur life,just think of it as cold that comes and go. And it's also good to come on these board to get off whats on ur minds, coz u might not have anyone to talk to.. I only talk to my fiance about it, and not often.
    So when u feeling down,just tell ur self that h not gonna keep u down, and ur much stronger than h..
    Love to all..

Old 04-20-2010, 06:48 PM   #9
    fonseca
    (male)

fonseca HB User

How do you keep your kids from getting herpes

Closed Thread