It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• do i have genital herpes

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-25-2009, 05:30 AM   #1
    impulsive
    (male)

impulsive HB User
    Unhappy do i have genital herpes

Apart from the terrible guilt of cheating on my partner, I discovered, after the weekend that the women I cheated with has genital herpes. She states she has had them for about 18 years and only has an outbreak once a year if that. She claims to have no outbreak at the moment and hasn't for many months She also says that i won't get it because of the lack of an outbreak. She also tells me that her previous of husband of 15 years did not get it, nor did her recent partner of 2 years. She claims to know the virus and how it affects her that she stays well clear of sex or any intimate touching from the first tingle until about 4 weeks after the last of any symptom of the outbreak has passed. As I know absolutely nothing about herpes I am just trying to validate her assertions. I am now trying to patch things up with my partner and don't know how it will go, but if it comes to having sex with her, what should i do??? I have already done too much! Is there a chance I will now have herpes?? Should I reframe from sex until i get a blood test?? How long after having sex with the type 2 person does it take to show in a blood test?? So many mistakes!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2009, 06:32 AM   #2
    angeleyz81
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
    Re: do i have genital herpes

Quote:
    Originally Posted by impulsive View Post
    Apart from the terrible guilt of cheating on my partner, I discovered, after the weekend that the women I cheated with has genital herpes. She states she has had them for about 18 years and only has an outbreak once a year if that. She claims to have no outbreak at the moment and hasn't for many months She also says that i won't get it because of the lack of an outbreak. She also tells me that her previous of husband of 15 years did not get it, nor did her recent partner of 2 years. She claims to know the virus and how it affects her that she stays well clear of sex or any intimate touching from the first tingle until about 4 weeks after the last of any symptom of the outbreak has passed. As I know absolutely nothing about herpes I am just trying to validate her assertions. I am now trying to patch things up with my partner and don't know how it will go, but if it comes to having sex with her, what should i do??? I have already done too much! Is there a chance I will now have herpes?? Should I reframe from sex until i get a blood test?? How long after having sex with the type 2 person does it take to show in a blood test?? So many mistakes!!!
    Hi,
    Have you ever been tested for herpes? This is a virus that many people have (about 90% of infected people do not know they have it).

What the woman is stating is true..you learn to get "in tune" with your body to know when an outbreak is coming on and what not.

Your risk of getting the virus is still there... even if you did use a condom but its a higher risk if you did not (i will assume the latter of the 2 since your on the board )

I would refrain from having sex with your girlfriend until you know your status, if you do indeed have it let her make her choice on whether or not she wants to take that risk. I suggest you go get a blood test now to see if you may have already had it ask for an IgG herpes type specific blood test. If the results are negative, wait 4 months ( i know a long time to go without sex..but you need to protect your partner) a be retested by that time you should have enough antibodies in your system to be detected if you did indeed catch it from your mistress.

Please see the transmission rates below.

Here are the Female to Male transmission rates

If you have 100 couples where the female has HSV 2 but not the male (these figures are over a year) the odds of female to male transmission are if you do nothing other than avoid sex during an outbreak 4 men out of a 100 will get herpes in a year or 4% (96% chance of not getting it) If you do go on a suppressive therapy then it drops to 2 men out of a 100 in a year or 2% (98% chance of not getting it) and if you use suppressive and a condom the chances are 1 man out of a 100 will get herpes in one year or 1% (99% chance of not getting it).

The valtrex and transmission study stats are based on having sex 2 times/week.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    **The Highest Form Of Ignorance Is When You Reject Something You Don't Know Anything About**
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by angeleyz81; 10-25-2009 at 06:34 AM.

Closed Thread