It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• im wondering if im infected or just paranoid

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-23-2009, 09:35 PM   #1
    taylorgang
    (male)

taylorgang HB User
    im wondering if im infected or just paranoid

Recently about two months ago i had unprotected sex with a female who i did not know very well she was nearing her period but we still ended up having sex..... about a week later i noticed what looked like a chancre and also about two days later i had trouble urinating but in order to solve that problem i drank a lot of water and the problem was solved the same day I became worried so i visited the doctor... they did tests on me for hiv and syphilis and both came back negative so i was glad but a week ago i noticed that the girl whom i had intercourse with had a cold sore near to her nose and i became paranoid. i researched everything and examined my penis and noticed that i had pearly penile papules as well as four small bumps that may also be associated with ppp as they are near to the crown of my forehead except that they are a little clustered and more to the bottom .i believe what i also noticed was a very discreet red spot not enough to say it was a symptom of herpes but i was concerned as well as paranoid about my health so i started examining myself like every five to ten minutes and then i noticed i had gained a slit near to the hole of my penis which i believe was caused by frequent retraction of the forehead and frequent masturbation. My penis has no funny smell and i have no problems urinating and i also seen one small bump on my eye but i believe that im noticing all these things due to paranoia.. there was a flu going around so i had sore throat n runny nose but none of the other symptoms associated with herpes ....i would just like to get someones opinion on what they believe is my situation please your advice is greatly appreciated

Last edited by taylorgang; 12-23-2009 at 09:38 PM. Reason: error

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2009, 04:40 PM   #2
    Oceanus
    Veteran
    (female)

Oceanus HB User
    Re: can someone help me identify my problem please

I've never heard of PPP. But I would suggest as soon as you notice you have bumps, get to the doctor and have them take some fluid from inside it and have them test it for herpes and other things. A blood test can be done too. The herpeSelect Test is best as it tests for type 1 and 2. But if the latest sexual encounter was who gave you herpes, then a blood test would not be accurate for about 3-6 months. The sores must be very new for a sample to be taken and tested, about less than 48 hrs. Herpes symptoms are different for different people and at different times. For example, one outbreak can be mild and the next severe. Some people say they itch, burn and are red, etc. and others say they don't hurt. It depends on person to person. Most people on the Internet only report severe symptoms, but they can be very mild too, to the point of unnoticeable.

Old 12-26-2009, 06:36 PM   #3
    taylorgang
    (male)

taylorgang HB User

thanks for your advice...im very appreciative but the ppp is not what im worried about im more worried about the tear on my skin can anyone offer advice on that?

Old 12-26-2009, 09:42 PM   #4
    withbaggage
    (female)

withbaggage HB User

nooone here is a doctor. You need to go to your doctor to e examined and diagnosed.

Old 12-27-2009, 05:33 AM   #5
    since1999
    Inactive
    (male)

since1999 HB User

yup, gotta see a doctor man. the tear might be from checking yourself out too much, or it could be herpes. you have to get a blood test in a couple months and get diagnosed.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:43 PM   #6
    tommy124
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
    Re: im wondering if im infected or just paranoid

you need to see a doctor, and be tested fully, soon.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:03 PM   #7
    Magnetic
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

Cold sores are typically on the lip, or where the lip joins the regular skin, not by the nose. So, she might have had something else.

A standard STD screen does not test for HSV, so if you are concerned, go back to the doctor and ask to be checked for that. Frequent self-checking is not good and you can talk yourself into having symptoms you don't have (which is the basis for voodoo).

Old 01-13-2010, 07:54 PM   #8
    taylorgang
    (male)

taylorgang HB User

thanks everyone but im convinced that i was paranoid i really do appreciate ur advice n concern i believe that the frequent examination is what made the slits appear and all those other stuff were of no concern but i just wanna say thanks very much

Old 01-14-2010, 05:55 AM   #9
    since1999
    Inactive
    (male)

since1999 HB User

alright, but you should still go get checked. regular std screening is a smart lifestyle choice, if you are going to be having sex with multiple people.

Closed Thread