It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

Herpes Simplex 1 on my nipple - Please help me understand!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2010, 09:34 PM   #1
Katrine123
(female)

Katrine123 HB User
Herpes Simplex 1 on my nipple - Please help me understand!

Hi everyone.

Please read my somewhat long message and help me!

At the end of last year, I woke up one day with a small sore on my right nipple. The night before I had used one of those stick bras and I was 100% positive that it was just an irritation caused by the glue on the bra. The little sore kept getting bigger and uglier, it took up almost half of the central area of my nipple, until I went to the doctor, got tested, and found out surprisingly that I had the Herpes Simplex 1 virus. I was too shocked to ask questions and ended up leaving the doctor with so many doubts. I was dating at the time, and my boyfriend had never had any symptoms of oral or genital Herpes - so from what we understood, I can never know if I got it from him or from someone else a long time ago. And if I got it from someone else, apparently we cannot know yet if I have passed it to him until he actually shows any symptoms. (please correct me if I'm wrong). Also, I still don't understand how I could have gotten it on my nipple - the only way is if somebody with oral herpes with a current outbreak kissed me on my nipples right? My boyfriend ended up saying he was sure that by that time he probably already had it too... But we remained very confused as to what exactly I have - if I had outbreaks on my nipples only, does that mean that the virus is only going to be located on my nipples, and that outbreaks will only appear on the nipples and breast area? Or does that mean I could have outbreaks on my genitals and mouth? Could I still pass on the virus through unprotected intercourse, even though I was not diagnosed with Genital Herpes and never had an outbreak there? If I only had one outbreak on the nipple, what are the chances of me passing the virus to other people through making out, kissing on the nipples, and having sex (if I have no present outbreaks anywhere)?
My nipple healed and I never got another outbreak anywhere. My boyfriend also never showed any symptoms of genital or oral for the next few months. Does that mean that he really doesn't have it?

Well, It's been a few months and I'm no longer with him. I started seeing someone else and last week I ended up having sex with him, sort of unexpectedly. I never told him about me having the virus because it was so unexpected, and at the moment I didn't think I could pass the virus through intercourse, since I had no outbreaks anywhere. We had sex a few times without condoms, just for the first few minutes, and then he would put on a condom so that there was no chance of me getting pregnant. Now to make things a lil worse, this partner's penis is incredibly big, and it was very painful to have sex in the first few minutes, until I got wet enough. We didn't use lubricant at all, and the condoms here where we are (Asia) were also very small for him and seemed to hurt him.

The reason why I'm freaking out is because now I have a slight irritation on the sides to the labia - they're not very itchy but they burn. Since yesterday I'm also having a white transparent discharge seeming to come from the irritation spot, not from inside the vagina. My partner complained to have little red, irritated spots on his penis. He was certain it was due to the small condom and also due to the rubbing and the fact that we both felt we were a tight fit and it was quite uncomfortable in the first minutes of sex. But now I'm really scared I might be having an outbreak on my genitals, and that I have passed the virus to him, and that he also may be having an outbreak.

So summarizing, my questions are:
1. Is it possible that these irritations on my vagina are outbreaks of genital herpes? (even though they don't look like blisters, and I was diagnosed with Simplex One on my nipple)
2.Is it possible that I transmitted the virus to him during the few minutes we would have unprotected sex? Is it possible the irritations on his penis are already a sign of Genital herpes, even though it's been only a couple of days since we had sex?
3. When and how can I transmit the virus to others, considering that I was diagnosed with Simplex one on the nipple? Whenever there are no outbreaks anywhere, is it risky to make out, having my nipples kissed, and have unprotected sex?
4. Will I ever get outbreaks on my mouth and genitals, even though my first one was on the nipple?

Please help me. Sorry for writing so much, but like I said, I never really got to ask all these questions to my doctor when I found out I had Herpes Simplex One. Now I'm very confused and feel really bad that I might have infected somebody. And I'm all the way in Asia to study, and feel like I have nowhere to go for help.

Thank you so much for your time and your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
coping63
Senior Veteran
(female)

coping63 HB User
Re: Herpes Simplex 1 on my nipple - Please help me understand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrine123 View Post
Hi everyone.

Please read my somewhat long message and help me!

At the end of last year, I woke up one day with a small sore on my right nipple. The night before I had used one of those stick bras and I was 100% positive that it was just an irritation caused by the glue on the bra. The little sore kept getting bigger and uglier, it took up almost half of the central area of my nipple, until I went to the doctor, got tested, and found out surprisingly that I had the Herpes Simplex 1 virus. I was too shocked to ask questions and ended up leaving the doctor with so many doubts. I was dating at the time, and my boyfriend had never had any symptoms of oral or genital Herpes - so from what we understood, I can never know if I got it from him or from someone else a long time ago. And if I got it from someone else, apparently we cannot know yet if I have passed it to him until he actually shows any symptoms. (please correct me if I'm wrong). Also, I still don't understand how I could have gotten it on my nipple - the only way is if somebody with oral herpes with a current outbreak kissed me on my nipples right? My boyfriend ended up saying he was sure that by that time he probably already had it too... But we remained very confused as to what exactly I have - if I had outbreaks on my nipples only, does that mean that the virus is only going to be located on my nipples, and that outbreaks will only appear on the nipples and breast area? Or does that mean I could have outbreaks on my genitals and mouth? Could I still pass on the virus through unprotected intercourse, even though I was not diagnosed with Genital Herpes and never had an outbreak there? If I only had one outbreak on the nipple, what are the chances of me passing the virus to other people through making out, kissing on the nipples, and having sex (if I have no present outbreaks anywhere)?
My nipple healed and I never got another outbreak anywhere. My boyfriend also never showed any symptoms of genital or oral for the next few months. Does that mean that he really doesn't have it?

Well, It's been a few months and I'm no longer with him. I started seeing someone else and last week I ended up having sex with him, sort of unexpectedly. I never told him about me having the virus because it was so unexpected, and at the moment I didn't think I could pass the virus through intercourse, since I had no outbreaks anywhere. We had sex a few times without condoms, just for the first few minutes, and then he would put on a condom so that there was no chance of me getting pregnant. Now to make things a lil worse, this partner's penis is incredibly big, and it was very painful to have sex in the first few minutes, until I got wet enough. We didn't use lubricant at all, and the condoms here where we are (Asia) were also very small for him and seemed to hurt him.

The reason why I'm freaking out is because now I have a slight irritation on the sides to the labia - they're not very itchy but they burn. Since yesterday I'm also having a white transparent discharge seeming to come from the irritation spot, not from inside the vagina. My partner complained to have little red, irritated spots on his penis. He was certain it was due to the small condom and also due to the rubbing and the fact that we both felt we were a tight fit and it was quite uncomfortable in the first minutes of sex. But now I'm really scared I might be having an outbreak on my genitals, and that I have passed the virus to him, and that he also may be having an outbreak.

So summarizing, my questions are:
1. Is it possible that these irritations on my vagina are outbreaks of genital herpes? (even though they don't look like blisters, and I was diagnosed with Simplex One on my nipple)
2.Is it possible that I transmitted the virus to him during the few minutes we would have unprotected sex? Is it possible the irritations on his penis are already a sign of Genital herpes, even though it's been only a couple of days since we had sex?
3. When and how can I transmit the virus to others, considering that I was diagnosed with Simplex one on the nipple? Whenever there are no outbreaks anywhere, is it risky to make out, having my nipples kissed, and have unprotected sex?
4. Will I ever get outbreaks on my mouth and genitals, even though my first one was on the nipple?

Please help me. Sorry for writing so much, but like I said, I never really got to ask all these questions to my doctor when I found out I had Herpes Simplex One. Now I'm very confused and feel really bad that I might have infected somebody. And I'm all the way in Asia to study, and feel like I have nowhere to go for help.

Thank you so much for your time and your help.
Ok, You can re-infect youself within the first 6 months after you first contract the virus, it takes up to four months for your body to make antibodies in the blood, so just make sure you keep the area covered and aviod skin to skin contact with other areas of your body, practice safe hand washing, especially when active. Usually you will have the OB in the place normally on the body where the first intial one occured each and everytime. You can not pass HSV1 sexually unless your OB is in that area, you can get HSV1 in the genital area from having oral sex with someone who is infected, so FYI, if your partner where to kiss, or suck on your nipple and you had an OB, you could infect him, (low chance but there) and if he gets HSV1 of the mouth and then preforms oral sex on you then ( low risk chance) but there he could pass it to your genitals. so you do have to understand even if the risk is low it is there, so be careful and cautious. You can still pass Herpes when no symptoms are present. I would say the irratation is most likely caused from the sex not herpes.. I would however be upfront and if he means a lot and you want to continue seeing him, tell him, that way you don;t put him or yourself at risk... take care..

Closed Thread