It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Is there great sex after finding out someone has herpes?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-25-2010, 05:36 AM   #1
    WorriedWort
    (female)

WorriedWort HB User
    Is there great sex after finding out someone has herpes?

After all i read... it is scarey how this will effect ones emotional life and sex life. Since this is an anamous site, can some one tell me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2010, 10:03 AM   #2
    angeleyz81
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
    Re: Is there great sex after finding out someone has herpes?

There is life after herpes...many people go on to have a great sex life. It only affects a person if they let it. If you have a grasp on the virus and know its not that big of a deal it wont be an emotional problem for you, if you are in a relationship where the other person is accepting and understanding of the virus then there ya go.. that is the formula for a great sex life

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    **The Highest Form Of Ignorance Is When You Reject Something You Don't Know Anything About**
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
    WorriedWort
    (female)

WorriedWort HB User

I understand all that.. and thank you ) But how can you.. i mean you always have to worry about either transmitting it, or receving it. I don't want graphic details.. i just don't know how you can have a great sex life with the factors involved. i am asking for myself (none Herpes simplex) and a potential partner (genitial herpes simplex) I am sorry for asking... i just want to insure, myself and a potential partner that this can still exist.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:03 PM   #4
    angeleyz81
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WorriedWort View Post
    I understand all that.. and thank you ) But how can you.. i mean you always have to worry about either transmitting it, or receving it. I don't want graphic details.. i just don't know how you can have a great sex life with the factors involved. i am asking for myself (none Herpes simplex) and a potential partner (genitial herpes simplex) I am sorry for asking... i just want to insure, myself and a potential partner that this can still exist.
    Hi,
    See that's where you would have the problem. If you do not fully accept herpes or being with someone that does you will always "worry" about getting it. This in no way makes you a bad person but at the same time if you are going to worry every time "something" takes place then honestly you should not be in the relationship because over time someone will be hurt.

As far as transmitting it, I myself do not worry about it because if my partner accepts the fact that I have it then they know there is a risk they may also get it, which is why I don't think about it since they made the decision to be with me. I will take precautions or if they love me that much and don't care then no precaution (such as condom or suppressive therapy) needed unless an outbreak is here.

I hope that helped some

**The Highest Form Of Ignorance Is When You Reject Something You Don't Know Anything About**

Last edited by angeleyz81; 03-25-2010 at 07:04 PM.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:36 AM   #5
    WorriedWort
    (female)

WorriedWort HB User

Yes everyone has been very helpful. This is all new to both of us.. and i think we are still both in shock. Once things, some feelings die down somewhat we can think clearly.. Right now he doesn't even want to be with me at all. I am trying to research and give him what i have (he said he has read stuff, but doesn't really specify) found to comfort him and myself. I even asked him to take me to the dr with him. He is now in the stage of shock, my life is over.......... and i guess i am panicing (but not showing him this side, just you guys) Thanks again.

Old 03-26-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
    since1999
    Inactive
    (male)

since1999 HB User

angeleyesinn81 is completely correct. if you cannot accept the fact that you may contract the virus by having sex with someone who has it, or you worry about getting it all the time, it just won't work. she is also right in saying that someone will end up getting hurt in your relationship.

my fiance is not worried about contracting the virus at all. we have two kids together. we have a great sex life. she has made that decision that she will not let this bother her. it also helps that she gets hsv1 cold sores orally, so the likeliness of me passing it to her are reduced.

Closed Thread