It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• please help! freaking out herpes scare

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-25-2010, 10:25 PM   #1
    herpes scare
    (female)

herpes scare HB User
    please help! freaking out herpes scare

Hi,
    I recently had sex and I do not know anything about his sexual history. However, we only had intercourse for about 10 seconds 3 separate times throughout the night. I did give him oral for a bit. The next day I had slight burning but didn't think it was anything to worry about. About 4 days later I had burning when I peed and felt a slight fever coming on. By the 5th day I had a 101 fever that wouldn't go away with advil and then I noticed one pimple like white head on my vagina lip. I do not have anything on my mouth. I am praying to God this isn't herpes. Has anyone had something similar that wasn't? Please help me!

Last edited by herpes scare; 03-28-2010 at 12:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2010, 10:35 PM   #2
    herpes scare
    (female)

herpes scare HB User
    Re: please help! freaking out herpes scare

I really hope to get some sort of response tonight, i cannot sleep, I am freaking out I can't talk to anyone

Old 03-25-2010, 11:16 PM   #3
    Lady La La
    (female)

Lady La La HB User

Sorry to hear that, it sounds like a tough experience. I can't tell you if you got herpes or not. I know you already know it wasn't smart to have sex without a condom, but what is done is done. The only thing I would say you need to do is go to the clinic and get tested. If you got a fever of 101, you should be at the doctors anyway. Right now that the bumps are there is the best time to go because then they can take a culture of the bump and tell you in a few days if it is in fact herpes. Don't panic yet, but know that there is possiblities. If the bumps go away on their own before you get tested they can do blood test to determine if you have the herpes virus in your system, but I'm not sure if they can tell you if it's type one (usually oral, they are the cold sores that people get on their mouths but can be on your genitals too) or type two (usually genital). You best bet is to write down all your symptoms and questions and go to you doctor ASAP.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:27 PM   #4
    Lady La La
    (female)

Lady La La HB User

Oh and another thing, if this helps, I can tell you what it felt like to me when I first contracted Herpes. The skin on my vagina got really sensetive, and I had a crazy itch that wouldn't go away. My body was achey and I felt like I had flu-like symptoms. After a while I found a bump, that actually looked like a pimple or a hair bump. It hurt like crazy... I know that it varies for each person but most people feel like a tingling sensation before the outbreak comes out. And on some people Herpes looks like a hair bump on others it looks like a blister, and on others it looks like an open sore. Oh and another thing, don't get caught up by looking at images on the internet, those are usually worse case senerios that will just freak you out.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:40 PM   #5
    herpes scare
    (female)

herpes scare HB User

Thanks for the advice. I actually went to the doctor two days ago and was he thought it was a UTI and has been treating me for that with antibiotics. If this doesnt go away in a few days I will go back. However, I have no aches or soreness and no itching at all. Of course I know it was not smart to have sex without a condom but I figured if we would have continued we would have put one on. I have for sure learned my lesson and will forever remember this horrible feeling. I really just hope this one decision does not effect the rest of my life

Old 03-26-2010, 02:31 PM   #6
    herpes scare
    (female)

herpes scare HB User

I just received word from the doctor that my urine test came back positive for a Urinary Tract Infection, could that potentially explain the pimple like dot on my vagina? Does a UTI sometimes lead to herpes?

Old 03-26-2010, 09:39 PM   #7
    since1999
    Inactive
    (male)

since1999 HB User

you have to wait at least 4 months for an IgG blood test for accurate results. and you can still contract herpes when a condom is being used.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:10 PM   #8
    Lady La La
    (female)

Lady La La HB User

That explains the burning. The pimple like thing could also just be irritation. Like I said before a culture of the bump would best let you know if it was herpes or just irritation. A UTI can not lead to herpes. I use to get those plently when I first started having sex and I found that if I use the bathroom right after sex and wipe my self clean it helps prevent UTI's. And it is true that you can get herpes even if you use condoms, but there is worse stuff out there then herpes. Well I wish you well young lady. Be careful, you only get one body.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:12 PM   #9
    since1999
    Inactive
    (male)

since1999 HB User

Lady La La...do you have type 1 or type 2 herpes?

Old 03-27-2010, 05:30 PM   #10
    herpes scare
    (female)

herpes scare HB User

Thank you again, honestly just being able to talk to someone about this has helped an incredible amount. I have one more question. Although I have self diagnosed myself and havent been able to sleep or eat since (remember I am going to the doctor monday) I also gave him oral sex unprotected. If this is herpes should I also have a breakout on my mouth?

Old 03-27-2010, 10:14 PM   #11
    since1999
    Inactive
    (male)

since1999 HB User

not necessarily....

Closed Thread