It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• im hsv free, gf has oral hsv-1, some info?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-08-2010, 10:03 AM   #1
    bocajsacul
    (male)

bocajsacul HB User
    im hsv free, gf has oral hsv-1, some info?

Hi, I'm new to these boards. I've been with my gf for about a month and a half. I've know her since we were knee high. I just recently found out she has oral hsv-1. Its been a part of her life since she was a little girl, so she's never really thought much about it. It's just always been the way it is.

I really care for her, and I don't want this to hinder our relationship. As far as I know, I don't have it.

So, what I'm making this post for is, I want to know this thing. I don't want to have any doubts. So any info will be appreciated. From, precautions, what not to do, what can we do, etc.

Some of my main questions are:
    Is it possible for her to give it to me through kissing while she's not having an OB? (Shes confident she can't)

Is receiving unprotected oral sex from her completely out of question?

What kind of things can she eat to prevent or help get over OB?

That's all I can think o at the moment. I'm sure there's already a topic for this, but a majority of the topics here are for genital herpes. I'm using my phone to browse, so that makes it a bit difficult to search through it all. So, I apologize for repeating a thread. Thank you all for any advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2010, 10:13 AM   #2
    angeleyz81
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
    Re: im hsv free, gf has oral hsv-1, some info?

I really care for her, and I don't want this to hinder our relationship. As far as I know, I don't have it. How do you know this? I suggest first and foremost you get checked to make sure...ask for the IgG herpes type specific blood test

Is it possible for her to give it to me through kissing while she's not having an OB? (Shes confident she can't) Yes it can be passed on even when there are no signs or symptoms

Is receiving unprotected oral sex from her completely out of question? It depends on whether or not you want to take the risk even if it is minimal the risk is still there for transmission

What kind of things can she eat to prevent or help get over OB? I'm not sure about what she can eat..but try not to get stressed and keep a strong immune system helps

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    **The Highest Form Of Ignorance Is When You Reject Something You Don't Know Anything About**
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:49 AM   #3
    since1999
    Inactive
    (male)

since1999 HB User

it is possible that she can give you oral herpes bu kissing, or genital herpes by oral sex. as long as she has no signs of a cold sore, i wouldn't worry about it too much. if you have been with anyone at all before her, you probably have already been with someone who gets cold sores. i think you are worrying about nothing.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:29 PM   #4
    bocajsacul
    (male)

bocajsacul HB User

The only girl I was with before her was the only girl I was ever with and she claimed the same about me. But proved later that she was not at all trustworthy.

I've read a lot that if she doesn't have an OB at the time, I don't have to worry. But then I also read a lot that that's not true.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:36 PM   #5
    angeleyz81
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bocajsacul View Post
    The only girl I was with before her was the only girl I was ever with and she claimed the same about me. But proved later that she was not at all trustworthy.

I've read a lot that if she doesn't have an OB at the time, I don't have to worry. But then I also read a lot that that's not true.
    It is not true.. the virus sheds and we do not know when that is happening and that means there is still a risk of transmission if you search "the herpes handbook" that has a lot of great information in it.

Always remember when on the net make sure your getting the information for reliable sites/sources

**The Highest Form Of Ignorance Is When You Reject Something You Don't Know Anything About**

Old 04-08-2010, 08:27 PM   #6
    bocajsacul
    (male)

bocajsacul HB User

Thank you very much. Ill look into that next. And I definitely am leary of info found on the net. But I figured as many sources as I could find would help.

Old 04-18-2010, 03:17 AM   #7
    lovemyhome
    (female)

lovemyhome HB User

My husband gave HSV 1 to my on my genitals through oral sex after we have been married for 28 years and he's NEVER had an outbreak and didn't even know he had it. He got tested after I broke out and we found out. So YES, you CAN get it through oral sex even if she's not breaking out. The Dr. said the reason it took so long is because that time his fingernail nicked my skin and I felt it, but had no reason to care, because we didn't know he had HSV 1. It gave the virus a place to enter my body. So, you are probably safe as long as you don't have any cuts or places on you for it to enter.

Closed Thread