It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Can you have herpes 2 for years?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-21-2010, 04:01 PM   #16
    mskmal
    (female)

mskmal HB User
    Re: Can you have herpes 2 for years?

Do you have side effects from Valtrex? The doctor said if you are not having a break out, then you don't need it. I need to get to someone that knows what they are doing. I have yet to find that.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BeenThroughIt View Post
    Is a staph infection related to genital itching? I have had this itch for over a week now and it is driving me nuts. My doc says it is all related to the herpes but I've been on the meds for a week with no relief as well. What is a staph infection?

If you have already been confirmed as having herpes the itching in your rear may be related. However, if it is it is no different than in your vaginal area so don't freak out about that. Meds will help that if it is.

I am not on once a day 500 mg valtrex. That is supposed to stop my outbreaks, although it isnt doing a great job of stopping this one yet. Talk to your doctor about it because I hear it works wonders on some!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #17
    BeenThroughIt
    (female)

BeenThroughIt HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mskmal View Post
    Do you have side effects from Valtrex? The doctor said if you are not having a break out, then you don't need it. I need to get to someone that knows what they are doing. I have yet to find that.
    I don't have any side effects and my doctor said there isn't anything I can't do while I am on it. She also said there are no bad side effects (obviously there are the normal warnings). It is true that you do not NEED it when you are not having an outbreak BUT it does prevent future outbreaks so if you are getting frequent outbreaks/if an outbreak is really bad and it doesnt go away after the normal 10 days then you can go on it forever. Also, some people go on it forever if they are in a relationship and want to be extra careful. However, you can ALWAYS pass on herpes.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:44 PM   #18
    mskmal
    (female)

mskmal HB User

I see all these ads to keep it under control and such. This is all just a bunch of hoax isn't it. Excluding rx meds.

Closed Thread