It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Question about OBs

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-30-2010, 09:09 PM   #1
    BelieveYouMe
    (female)

BelieveYouMe HB User
    Question about OBs

Ok, I've been pretty lucky with my OBs (knock on wood). I usually only get one OB a month and it's usually only one sore. I'll get a red raised area and it turns into maybe two to three pin size blisters, maybe a tad bit bigger than that. Just a few days ago I started to get one and I think I might have had a tiny blister then it left quickly. And I had only taken one valtrex at that point. Now keep in mind I feel like I'm getting an OB "down there" like every day, but like I said I usually only get one a month. Now I actually got two this month, but I have been under sooooo much stress and I know that can for sure trigger an OB. I know OBs vary and everyone is different, but since my OBs have been pretty mild, does that mean they'll pretty much continue to be that way? Will I get fewer and fewer as time goes by? Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2010, 09:10 AM   #2
    angeleyz81
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
    Re: Question about OBs

I would say yes, because your body is use to the virus. Although I am sure if your immune system gets weakened the OB could be worse then how you are getting them now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    **The Highest Form Of Ignorance Is When You Reject Something You Don't Know Anything About**
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:22 AM   #3
    barbera
    (female)

barbera HB User

Can I ask how long you have been diagnosed with genital herpes?

Old 05-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #4
    angeleyz81
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

April of 2000

**The Highest Form Of Ignorance Is When You Reject Something You Don't Know Anything About**

Old 05-02-2010, 12:25 PM   #5
    BelieveYouMe
    (female)

BelieveYouMe HB User

Not sure if you meant that question for me or not, but I was recently diagnosed in early April of this year.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #6
    barbera
    (female)

barbera HB User

Believeyoume...you state that you were diagnosed in April of this year but you also say that you have been pretty lucky with outbreaks in that it has been usually one sore per month. That makes me want to ask how long you have been having these outbreaks? Were you having them for many months prior to be diagnosed in April of this year or years prior? I was also wondering if the sore or sores tend to present themselves in the same spot each time they occur?

Old 05-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #7
    BelieveYouMe
    (female)

BelieveYouMe HB User

yes, I contracted herpes in November of 09, got a sore about a week or so later then every month after that. It hasn't been that bad, but since going to the dr in late March I take valtrex for 3 days when I feel like a sore is coming up or one appears. Guess I haven't had this long enough yet to really know when an OB is about to occur. My sores have been in different spots but always on the labia area. The last one I got was further back though. So that's got me a little worried. And, my sores don't crust over and so forth like everyone talks about. I know this is probably due to them being in a moist area. Btw, I also posted a comment to another thread of mine that you had previously posted on.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-12-2010 at 12:00 PM.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:25 AM   #8
    barbera
    (female)

barbera HB User

Can I ask if the sores are painful and also if you have redness and irritation and discharge in vaginal area when you are having an outbreak? Are the sores clearly visible to the naked eye? Did you have unprotected sex with that man in November 09 and do you think that he had sores present and they went unnoticed or could this have been a case of asymptomatic shedding? If I am asking too many questions or too personal ones please forgive me. I am trying to determine if I too might have something.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #9
    BelieveYouMe
    (female)

BelieveYouMe HB User

Ask away...I don't mind. We're all here to support one another and try and answer each other's questions the best that we can. Yes, the sores are somewhat painful, but not too bad. My last OB was the worse and it wasn't really all that bad (just 2-3 sores). Mine are nothing at all like the pictures you see on the internet at all. They show the worse case scenerios. Mine are usually visible and they start out as a red, raised area before the blister appears. I usually don't itch with mine, but I do get the tingly sensations a little bit. I did have unprotected sex with the guy that I believe gave this to me. That was stupid on my part, but would of gotten herpes anyways. I never noticed any sores or anything on him. I think it's very possible he's asymptomatic. We were "together" for about 4 months or so. I could of had this disease prior to being with him, but what are the odds of me having my first OB a week or so after the very first time I was with him?? Too coincidental I say! But the weird things is, is that my first OB was nothing, just one sore. They say the first OB is the worse. Hope I was of some help.

Last edited by BelieveYouMe; 05-03-2010 at 09:07 PM.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:31 AM   #10
    barbera
    (female)

barbera HB User

Hi BelieveYouMe...so you did have unprotected sex with the guy after the first time that you had sex with him which was your first time ever and that first time you used a condom? Good luck with your blood test today. I am still trying to get my guts up to go and get tested. I would prefer it if the man that I am worried about having given something to me would go and get tested so I don't have to as it would be the gentlemanly thing to do! LOL

Last edited by Administrator; 07-12-2010 at 12:24 PM.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:21 AM   #11
    BelieveYouMe
    (female)

BelieveYouMe HB User

We never used protection. Stupid, I know. But I would of contracted herpes anyways, but there are other more serious things to worry about then just herpes, ya know? go get tested cuz it will give you peace of mind. I pretty much knew I had herpes when I went to get my blood work done. My best friend kept telling me she just did not believe I had it. Boy when I told her I tested positive, I thought she was gonna pass out due to shock!! But she's been a huge comfort for me during all of this! But seriously, don't do the wondering game like I did for months. If I had went and got tested back after my first OB, then I would have known for sure it came from the man in question, but I put it off thinking it could be something else. I'd say HOPING AND PRAYING it was something else! Sure wish that's how it would of turned out, but I can't go back. What's done is done and now I have to deal with it the best that I can! Good luck and let me know what you decide to do and your outcome!

Last edited by Administrator; 07-12-2010 at 12:24 PM.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:42 AM   #12
    barbera
    (female)

barbera HB User

Dear Believe...

I would assume that I should wait until I get the blood test as I have not had any visible sores that I can see just some irritation and discomfort. Would you agree with that?

Last edited by Administrator; 07-12-2010 at 12:25 PM.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:47 AM   #13
    barbera
    (female)

barbera HB User

Dear Believe... Why do you think that you would have gotten it anyways if you had used a condom? Is it because that condom use only helps prevents transfer of the virus in 30% of the time and that number is only accurate if the people use condoms 100% of the time. Scary!

Last edited by Administrator; 07-12-2010 at 12:25 PM.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:40 PM   #14
    BeenThroughIt
    (female)

BeenThroughIt HB User

I think you are confusing Believeyoume with myself. I am 19 and had the blood tests done today! ha.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-12-2010 at 12:27 PM.

Old 05-05-2010, 07:12 AM   #15
    barbera
    (female)

barbera HB User

Hi Beenthroughit! I was confusing the you with Believe..I am sorry! Did they say how long that the test results would take to come back? Are you almost done with your finals? Thanks for correcting me cause I was getting perplexed! LOL

Closed Thread