It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• test results.. never an outbreak

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-20-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
    newlydx
    (female)

newlydx HB User
    Question test results.. never an outbreak

tested positive for HSV -1 via IGG (3.3) this past friday. (so a few months + since the test showed a result?)

currently tracking down any previous medical testing that may have been done, doubting I will find anything since I was never informed of being positive in the past and as mentioned in other threads.. its not something done rountinely.

any symptoms that could be related I suppose:
    july 2 i had symptoms of urinary tract infection (a bad one with blood in urine and everything) 5 days of Cipro seemed to treat the condition though not fully. during the 10 day wait between urinalysis is when I found he has been sleeping around. knowing other std can present as uti i informed my doctor and he gave me the (right) hsv test, hiv test, chlamydia and gonorrhea tests, with the above mentioned result the only positive out of the bunch (hiv will be repeated in a few months)

very long term relationship - over 9 years. I have never had an outbreak that I identified. He would be certain to have it no matter the location (oral or genital) - do I assume correctly (very long term and many children together so lots of unprotected)?

Is it possible to have HSV1 (or 2 for that matter) for years (over 10 maybe 20) and never have had an outbreak of any kind or in any location?

I got tested because I found he has been with someone else, claims only about a month - considering some things I have read here.. his mistress should be tested in a few months to prevent a false negative (unless she gave it to him but that doesn't seem likely if they only been together a month like he says)?

TIA

Last edited by newlydx; 07-20-2010 at 08:32 AM. Reason: repeated info removed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2010, 08:57 AM   #2
    angeleyz81
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
    Re: test results.. never an outbreak

Yes it is possible to go for a long time without ever having an outbreak. Although HSV 1 is typically oral it can be genital also.

Yeah him and his mistress should both get tested.. I am sorry you have to deal with this. You are correct he should test positive since he passed it on to you.

I would say there could be a possibility of you having it before the relationship but the numeric value would normally be over 5.0

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    **The Highest Form Of Ignorance Is When You Reject Something You Don't Know Anything About**
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by angeleyz81; 07-20-2010 at 08:58 AM.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:38 PM   #3
    newlydx
    (female)

newlydx HB User

ok. hmm.. so they were both tested. she says her result is negative but hasn't seen her lab report yet...

he obviously had the wrong test... it was a combination test and here are the results of that (he had what could have been a thrush rash or an outbreak genitally when he got the test done.. dr didn't test the rash just drew blood and gave him antiviral meds):

so what gives? him and I have been together for 10 years.. if they are both negative and I haven't even kissed anyone other than him in all those years..... and I didn't have an IgM test at all.. doctor sent him to a private lab and me to the hospital's lab.

I did have a urinary tract infection (blood in urine long enough to be sent for a CT scan for stones which was negative) so my question is now it looks like I had it first.. if I was already ill my immune system was already working, would that make me develop the antibodies quicker?

and can anyone tell me more about the western blot test?

TIA

Last edited by moderator2; 08-12-2010 at 11:34 AM.

Old 08-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #4
    hurting2
    (female)

hurting2 HB User

I don't know much about the western blot test. Have you tried researching it? Lots of info. out there on it. Try www.*****.com They have lots of helpful info. on their site. They have a few links i believe to other related topics and articles.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:01 PM   #5
    angeleyz81
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User

Hmmm if both test positive... I suggest at least having him retest in 4 months... if he is still negative maybe you had gotten this before entering into this relationship.

The western blot is said to be the best test out there for herpes diagnosis, I think its more expensive then the others if you look it up online you should be able to find something about it

**The Highest Form Of Ignorance Is When You Reject Something You Don't Know Anything About**

Last edited by angeleyz81; 08-15-2010 at 03:03 PM.

Closed Thread