It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• 2nd genital hsv1 outbreak

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-14-2011, 10:52 AM   #1
    merie88
    (female)

merie88 HB User
    Unhappy 2nd genital hsv1 outbreak

I got diagnosed with genital hsv1 two years ago, had a little ob (I honestly don't even remember how bad it was), got tested and that's how I knew what it was. The doctor didn't give me any meds or cream and told me if I got another ob to go back for some valtrex.

I got a second outbreak about 2 days ago , I was itching about a week before but having another ob didn't even cross my mind because I only had one 2 years prior, just thought I was irritated from shaving. Yesterday it got substantially worse, fever, swollen glands, itching and burning terribly and more blisters/ulcers (I have about 10 down there now, but theyre really tiny, not red, just small little pimple like bumps).

I've been keeping the area clean and dry, taking Lysine, and advil/painkillers and just ordered some h-balm,zinc, echinacea and cornstarch. I don't have health insurance anymore and buying rx drugs on the internet is so pricey, any advice as to over the counter or home remedies to help heal faster?

Any advice would help : )

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
    CadenceA
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

CadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB User
    Re: 2nd genital hsv1 outbreak

The L-lysine will help tremendously. If you can handle the stinging, dabbing hydrogen peroxide on the sores with a q-tip also cuts down on how long the outbreak will last. But..it STINGS! Only for a couple of seconds, but it is very effective. Also, once the peroxide dries I dab some aloe vera gel on the sore. I also take garlic pills and acidophilus supplements. Doing all of this has cut down my latest outbreak to less than a week.

You can also take epsom salt sitz baths. They help as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to CadenceA For This Useful Post:
    merie88 (03-15-2011)
    Old 03-14-2011, 07:53 PM   #3
    JellyBean79
    (female)

JellyBean79 HB User

I find tea tree oil and diaper rash cream works for me

The Following User Says Thank You to JellyBean79 For This Useful Post:
    merie88 (03-15-2011)
    Old 03-14-2011, 10:30 PM   #4
    positiveguy
    Inactive
    (male)

positiveguy HB User

Herpes is one of the most misunderstood std's out there. The simple truth is that 90% of the adult population has it but doesn't realize it. If you ever get a fever blister you have herpes. The only difference between mouth herpes and the other kind is simply where it's located. It's the same virus, resting at the back of your brain untill something triggers it and you get an outbreak. There is no difference in oral herpes and the other kind, just the location, and there is no cure for herpes, though drugs such as Valtrax can stop an ourbreak once you get one. Odds are these wrestlers already had the virus and why the big to do here is beyond me.

Good luck to you all!

Old 03-15-2011, 05:10 AM   #5
    merie88
    (female)

merie88 HB User

Thanks everyone. I'm not sure what positiveguy is trying to say (that valtrex doesnt work?) but yea, I've done enough research (i think we all have) to know there obviously no cure, but there are many over the counter remedies for ORAL hsv-1 but not many for genital, which was why I was asking for your help, and thanks again!

Old 07-24-2011, 12:00 AM   #6
    Research21
    (female)

Research21 HB User

Over the counter cold sore cream helps also carry baby wipes in your bag to wipe after urinating nappy rash cream also helps a multivitamin also the lisine is great

Closed Thread