It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Could this be genital HSV-1?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-30-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
    guitarman1
    (male)

guitarman1 HB User
    Question Could this be genital HSV-1?

Hi,

I have been struggling over the last 3 months with various issues which has my doctor puzzled.

I'm a mid-40's male in good health, exercise several times a week, happily married (both monogamous) for over 20 years and my wife and I both suffer from the occasional cold sore. My doctor has prescribed Valdrex for my breakouts.

Several months ago, I started getting flu-like syptoms - low fever, night sweats, lost about 10lbs, and had Urinary Tract Infection symptoms. My doctor felt this was Epididymitis and perscribed cephalexin.

It didn't help, so my doctor did a full blood test - all normal, and also sent me for an ultrasound including testicals and lower abdomen. It found a hernia but nothing more.

Then I also started getting anal itching to which my doctor sent me to get a gastroscopy and colonoscopy. These too, didn't find the source of the problem.

The flu symptoms, night sweats and fever are now gone, but still having occasional sore testicles and painful urinary tract (doesn't hurt while urinating though) as well as these (perhaps unrelated) symptoms;
    • hands have started falling asleep (tingling) in the night (last 2 months)
    • athritis pains that come and go (stay for 2-3 days then disappear) usually in hands, but also knee, elbow and ankles.
    • foliculitis type rash 2-3 small blisters at a time usually on legs (not clustered, usually one hair folicule infected on each leg). If I pull out the hair, it disappears within a day or so, while leaving the hair in will develop a boil and red spot that takes 1 week or more to clear up.
    • very occassional ringing in ears at night

Also, even though I had all these sypmtoms, I haven't had any genital blisters at any time!

Any thoughts that this might be genetial HSV-1 either self infected or inadvertently from a cold sore from my wife?

Thanks for any insight,
    guitarman1

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread