It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• genital hsv 1 positive need more information

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-08-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
    jagwghsv1
    (female)

jagwghsv1 HB User
    Unhappy genital hsv 1 positive need more information

Genital HSV 1 positive and need more information

I am 19 years old and have just been diagnosed with genital HSV 1. I noticed a couple of lesions down south which were itchy and not really painfulPainful menstrual periods. I went to my family doctor who said it kind of looked like herpies (herpes) but she didnt think it was since it was just two bumps she said initial outbreaks are extreme and painfulPainful menstrual periods. Due to lack of answers i went to a walk in clinic where the doctor said it definately didNOT look like herpes that it was heat rash and she swabbed the bump. A week later I get a phone call saying that I am positive for genital HSV 1. My family doctor told me theres no difference between HSV 1 and HSV 2 but after reading on the internet im noticing that there seems to be noticeable differences.

1) is there a difference between genital hsv 1 and hsv 2 and what are these differences
    2) does anyone have a similar experience to me ?
    3) are there any treatments that are hsv 1 specific or is treatment all the same?
    4) does anyone with genital hsv 1 notice that a healthy diet has worked for them?
    5) what are the odds of my hsv-1 culture being a false?

I have only had my "first outbreak" which to me seemed merely like a rash. does this mean that will be the worst that this will ever get?

6) ALSO.. does anyone know how long this can remain dormant in your system? how long ago could i have caught this?

7)Im hoping and praying i never have a recurrence.. what are the odds of hsv 1 genital having recurrences????

8) does anyone know the statistic of people who have hsv 1 out of the whole population !?!?!

also when i went to the walk in clinic before i was swabbed the doctor told me i had a yeast infection and told me to put cortisone cream on the bumps.
    The cortisone cream and bumps cleared in like a day.. which is unusual for herpies (herpes) since i had heard cortisone cream makes it worse!?!?

after all the tests came back along with the news of being hsv 1 positive i also found out i was positive for chlamydia!!!

could this rash and the chlamydia have anything to do wit eachother?
    is this definitely genital hsv 1 ??

where can i find out studies and information on GENITAL hsv 1. everything i see is on genital hsv 2.

I am devastated to say the least. if anyone also would share some stories on their genital hsv1 infections that would be great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2011, 05:00 AM   #2
    angeleyz81
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
    Re: genital hsv 1 positive need more information

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jagwghsv1 View Post

1) is there a difference between genital hsv 1 and hsv 2 and what are these differences - HSV 2 is the more aggressive type meaning the risk of transmission is higher and the outbreaks seem to be more frequent
    2) does anyone have a similar experience to me ?
    3) are there any treatments that are hsv 1 specific or is treatment all the same? Normally both are treated with Valtrex or another medication for herpes
    4) does anyone with genital hsv 1 notice that a healthy diet has worked for them?
    5) what are the odds of my hsv-1 culture being a false?Cultures are rarely ever false

I have only had my "first outbreak" which to me seemed merely like a rash. does this mean that will be the worst that this will ever get? No, every outbreak is different, you may have had one before but maybe pushed it off as a yeast infection

6) ALSO.. does anyone know how long this can remain dormant in your system? how long ago could i have caught this? This virus can lay dormant for days to years some people never have an outbreak and find out via blood test

7)Im hoping and praying i never have a recurrence.. what are the odds of hsv 1 genital having recurrences???? It all depends on the person, but HSV1 is not at home in the genitals so I think that may be the reason they say the outbreaks tend to be less then HSV2 geintally

8) does anyone know the statistic of people who have hsv 1 out of the whole population !?!?!A lot of people have HSV1 but more have it orally ( this could be how you had gotten it from someone performing oral on you)

also when i went to the walk in clinic before i was swabbed the doctor told me i had a yeast infection and told me to put cortisone cream on the bumps.
    The cortisone cream and bumps cleared in like a day.. which is unusual for herpies (herpes) since i had heard cortisone cream makes it worse!?!?

after all the tests came back along with the news of being hsv 1 positive i also found out i was positive for chlamydia!!! Trust me I know the feeling at least that is cleared up with pills

could this rash and the chlamydia have anything to do wit eachother? I am not sure
    is this definitely genital hsv 1 ?? I think that it is, if you want ask for the IgG herpes type specific blood test

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    **The Highest Form Of Ignorance Is When You Reject Something You Don't Know Anything About**
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread