It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• neurological issues w/ herpes... anyone else?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-17-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
    neuro scared
    (female)

neuro scared HB User
    neurological issues w/ herpes... anyone else?

Diagnosed with Herpes 3 months ago. Been sick ever since. Not with outbreaks, all over body issues. Every day, nearly all of every day. Muscle pain, sore feet, leg and arm pain, tight skin, body sore to the touch, nerve issues and pain. Arms have felt on fire. My eyes have been cold. Weird, I know. My hands and feet have also been extremely cold the last few weeks. I have read on a couple chat boards that others think herpes may have caused similiar symptoms in them. Has anyone experienced this? I truly think this is related to herpes. One day I was fine, and then all of the sudden, I was having all these random things occur. It all started 2 weeks after I was diagnosed with HSV2. I am curious to see what your experiences have been. I am also curious to know what Drs have told anyone else about prognosis, and if this will go away. I am worried that it will get even worse over time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
    John BB
    (male)

John BB HB User
    Re: neurological issues w/ herpes... anyone else?

I had a risky encounter 3 months ago. Started to get head aches 2 months ago also noticed purple reddish spots on my penis maybe 5 in total, then they went away. Have been feeling like crap ever since, this is the first week i feel better. I was achy all over sometimes feet and hands colder than normal specially when i sleep, had a rash on my face and seemed like my skin over my whole body was alot more sensitive than normal like if i scratched it it would stay red for alot longer than it used to. also tingling and numbness in my hands mostly at nite. Went to the doctor 45 days after my dumbass risky exposure, he took looked at my penis but the spots were gone by then they didn't crust over he said it wasn't herpes. but my skin on my body still feels like thers something off like when i look at it sometimes it looks like a very slight rainbow mist sometimes to it like on the inside of a fish i know it sounds stupid but thats how i explain it any how 3 vials of blood later no hiv, syphilis, chlymdia, gonnera, trichomis or however you spell these things but i don't think he tested me for herpes and till to this day my penis still has a slight sparkly red glow to it that i guess i would only notice and like a slight gray shadow from where one of the blotches were i know this sounds nuts but it must be herpes and all the other tests came back negative, what the hell is it.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #3
    jj214
    (male)

jj214 HB User

I think I have genital herpes, my exposure was almost 2 years ago and still to this day I have issues. I have had follicle type things on my butt, thigh, pubic area and even my scalp. They never really look much like the typical outbreak you see on the internet but ever since my risky encounter its been nothing but issues. I have leg twitching when I lay down, penis burning, memory and vision problems, headaches just about everyday, muscle weakness, leg and nerve pains, skin issues as well. I don't know what else it could be. It sucks I hope the person who gave me this and said she was clean burns in hell. I had a bright future and was so motivated, even looking to get married soon, but the last thing I want to do is pass this to my girlfriend. I'm not really stressed I'm just mad that this happened.
    I have never gotten any swab type tests but I did have a positive type specific IgM and negative type specific IgG tests done at 6 months.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #4
    Truthseek
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Truthseek HB UserTruthseek HB UserTruthseek HB UserTruthseek HB User

get retested then. Ignore the IgM results. they are not reliable for herpes testing, cross reactive and not the proper test to use. get type specific IgG test or Western Blot test.
    Perhaps the person who said they were 'clean' did not know they had it. almost 90% of people who have it don't know they have it.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
    jj214
    (male)

jj214 HB User

From my experience and a lot of other people that I have spoken too blood tests for herpes just are not reliable. I've tested twice with IgG type specific tests, once at 5 months past exposure and another at 6 months. The lady who I had my experience with was a dumb stripper, she knew she had it. Biggest mistake of my life. Its herpes and I already know, I've seen and heard so many stories of people testing positive through swab but years and years later never show up positive through blood.
    I came to the internet to try and find help, I've been on many sites and see doctors and other random people say to test again its not herpes. I know it is. I have a feeling that down the road we will all learn that the blood tests for herpes just don't work well at all.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #6
    Beachygirl
    (female)

Beachygirl HB User

Sounds like fibromyalgia to me. I have it and have had all those symptoms at one time or another.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:04 PM   #7
    jj214
    (male)

jj214 HB User

No I don't believe its fibermyogia because I get penis burning pretty much everyday, and also got some redness on the head which all happened after the incident. I don't have health insurance anymore and just don't believe there is a cure to what I have. I've seen many doctors and done many tests, all have come back negative except for an igm type specific hsv2 test.

Closed Thread