It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Woman that are not infected with male infected partners

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-27-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
    sharpieaccent
    (male)

sharpieaccent HB User
    Woman that are not infected with male infected partners

I've read a lot of woman with H, being with an uninfected male partner. Would anyone want to share some of your experiences of an infected male partner with a non-infected female partner. I am starting a relationship with a non infected partner and she is very understanding but I the thing that has me the most terrified is giving her H, (she has a weak immune system, does not handle stress very well) Are their any successful stories about a male with H not infecting his female partner?

Thank you!

Would wearing boxers to cover the general area help at all (including med and condom)???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
    life55
    (female)

life55 HB Userlife55 HB Userlife55 HB User
    Re: Woman that are not infected with male infected partners

Well I am a female and I don't have the story you are looking for. But if you are on suppressive therapy and you use a condom each time you have sex it reduces the risk of passing it on to your partner. Also abstaining from sex when you have an out break. I have genital herpes and my partner does not have it but there is always a chance that you might pass the virus on.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
    sharpieaccent
    (male)

sharpieaccent HB User

thanks for the reply in any case

Old 01-01-2012, 06:44 PM   #4
    danceisapoem
    (female)

danceisapoem HB User

Hey Sharpie

I began dating a guy a little while back, and found out he was HSV 2 positive the day after we were first intimate. (He had just found out that same day.) It took me a few days to make a decision, and that was to stick around and see what happened. We've had a wonderful time together, and he's a fantastic guy whom I really care about. I've never had any symptoms of herpes of either type, and have never (knowingly) been with anyone else who was positive.

A couple of weeks ago, I went to the doctor with irritated bumps in my vaginal area. I was diagnosed as having a case of folliculitis; a minor bacterial infection, probably due to shaving. This last week, since it hadn't gone away, I went to see another doctor, who said one of the bumps looked like it could possibly be a hsv outbreak. She swabbed me, and I will have the results in a couple more days. I've said nothing to the boyfriend, and won't until I get the results. I know he'd hate to pass it on to me, and I'm not going to make him worry for possibly nothing.

When I was first told it was nothing to worry about, I was, of course, relieved, although if I did get it, it would simplify certain aspects of our relationship. I've done a ton of reading, and inquiring about herpes, which led me to this site, and what it comes down to is:

1) It's an incurable problem, with symptoms that can be minor to pretty major, depending on the individual. It's also got a wicked stigma attached to it, even though one in four people has it. It's also not life threatening, and can be managed quite well.

2) It's viral and contagious, and there is always a risk of passing it on if one exposes oneself to it. If you use condoms, and are on meds, your risk does go down, but still, a risk is a risk.

3) It's not the end of the world, either way, and doesn't play a big part in our relationship. Yes, you should use condoms, for intercourse, as well as oral. I've gone down on him without a condom, but we do always use them for intercourse. I figure a large chunk of people I know get cold sores on their face, it's not that big a deal to me. I choose to engage in that sexual experience, and for both of us to thoroughly enjoy it. Herpes is Herpes, but it's not running the show. I could drop this guy, go on to another who may have it, may not tell me about it, may not even know he has it, and wind up with it a year or two down the road. The facts are, you just don't know, and you also have to live your life, and not get obsessed about it.

All you can do is take care of yourselves, take your meds, live healthy and build your immune systems, be careful, use as much protection as you can without compromising yourselves, and your feelings for each other, and cross your fingers. Positivity is everything! Good luck!

Old 01-03-2012, 07:31 AM   #5
    sharpieaccent
    (male)

sharpieaccent HB User

Hi Danceisapoem,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Hope your results come back negative.

The thought of passing this on, is actually the most stressful part of having this, well at least for me.

Let me know how it goes

Ciao

The following user gives a hug of support to sharpieaccent:
    danceisapoem (01-05-2012)
    Closed Thread

Tags
    uninfected woman