It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Herpes paranoia! HELP!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-12-2012, 12:49 AM   #1
    DDB892010
    (male)

DDB892010 HB User
    Herpes paranoia! HELP!

I had a sexual encounter almost three months ago in which I performed oral sex on a female only because she assured me she was clean and now I am constantly making myself believe she may has given me something.

I have had a sore throat and what I believe are canker sores all inside my mouth off and on for these past three months. I say canker sores because i've had them my entire life and I know how to recognize them. I panicked and assumed they were herpes! I know, bad decision! After a month of the encounter, I went and got tested for STD's and a throat culture to test for oral herpes and it all came back negative. Could that be a false negative for the throat culture?

I have been gargling with hydrogen peroxide and water for almost a week and it got rid of most of them, but the same symptoms are starting to appear again! I know stressing only makes the sores worse. What are the chances of contracting oral herpes in the mouth after a one time encounter?

I shouldn't of self diagnosed myself, and now I cant stop looking up articles! I just cant put this to bed! I am FREAKING OUT!!!!!! Help me!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
    Cntbelievethis
    (female)

Cntbelievethis HB UserCntbelievethis HB User
    Re: Herpes paranoia! HELP!

well, first of STOP STRESSING. It's will drive you madd, trust me I know.Ok so yes, you can contact herpes after a 1 time event. I have hsv-1, after a 1 time event. I trusted this guy that I had known for 10yrs almost.. I gave him a b-job and obviously kissed him through-out the encounter. I was thinking I had it for the longest as my body did some strange but hard to ignore things, IE, back pain muscle ache and just plain old tired and run down..Lots of sleep came. Shortly after I looked in my mouth for signs but none appeared. Then finally one day saw some pretty small white dots, around 4 next to each other inside my cheek and 2 on the other cheek. God knows I nearly died. They went away though in 1 day. They did hurt or anything. Needless to say after waiting almost a month for my results I finally went in and my DR, told me I was neg for hsv-2 and positive for Hsv-1(which I will retest for anyways, as I feel like i have hsv-2 as well).. I wasn't mad since I had time to read and prepare for the worst in the almost a month of waiting to go in.. Im not mad about it just mad at him and myself for knowing better but not doing better. In your case I hope this turns out negative just know that hsv-1 isn't life threatening and life does go on.. It's a matter of whether you let it control you.. Keep in mind the many people that are dieing in the world and count your blessing you are not one of them.. Keep your head up.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
    DDB892010
    (male)

DDB892010 HB User
    Re: Herpes paranoia! HELP!

Thank you so much, I am trying, really. It's so difficult because now I look back and I cant believe I let myself in that position...I can only pray for the best now. Since its almost the 3 month mark, i'm just gonna go and get a blood test tomorrow to confirm my negative throat cultures...I seriously can't wait any longer. I'm just gonna stress myself out even more. Is there a specific type of test I should request? Or will a standard herpes blood test be pretty accurate?

Closed Thread