It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• First G-Herpes Outbreak

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-03-2012, 02:15 AM   #1
    clairerf
    (female)

clairerf HB User
    First G-Herpes Outbreak

Hey guys! I got diagnosed about 5 days ago for genital herpes and my god, this has possibly been the most painful thing I have ever experienced!! I got it from my boyfriend who has HSV-1 orally. I was wondering, if it is possible to have g-herpes and o-herpes for the same HSV-1 strain of herpes? I think I may be starting to feel a bump come up on my lip and I will be devostated if it's a coldsore.. Can this happen though? Since I am now already positive for g-herpes HSV-1? And another question, how long does it take for the sores to actually scab over?? They seem like they start to, then it feels like the scabs come off and the pain starts all over again!! Ive been taking anti-virals for the past 5 days, yet I'm still in so much pain any easy ideas to help speed up the process or keep the scabs scabby until theyre ready to come off? thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
    angeleyz81
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
    Re: First G-Herpes Outbreak

Hi,
    Hopefully since you are taking the medication it will speed up recovery. Just try to keep the area as dry as possible and not wear any tight clothing.

As for having HSV1 in both places it is rare but I think I have seen a person or two on here that said that was the case with them. Normally it would be both different types. Hopefully what your feeling on your lip is just a pimple or nothing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    **The Highest Form Of Ignorance Is When You Reject Something You Don't Know Anything About**
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread