It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Waiting for test results

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #1
    Worriedtotears
    (female)

Worriedtotears HB User
    Exclamation Waiting for test results

I have only been with one man, and I am still with him. He was with other girls before me, but seemed to have nothing at least no symptoms of anything and nothing in his past blood work. We've been dating and having sex for over a year and a half. 6 days ago I developed several bumps around my vulva.
    The first day no discomfort, next day and after excruciating pain when using the restroom, and discomfort when not. I went to the doctor and they did a culture test and with my asking a blood test (I wanted faster results). I will find out between Tuesday and Thursday the results of everything.
    My boyfriend and I didn't think it could be an std b.c he doesn't have anything(as far as we know now), to us the bumps didn't look like any herpes or other stds we had ever seen from pictures, and I've only been with him(and that includes just basic making out too). The bumps are going away, but I'm not sure if it's due to the antiviral medication, monistat, or just time. I'm freaking out. The doctor said three of the bumps had a slight indentation in the middle like herpes, but wanted to do a culture test to find out for sure. And now I'm freaking out b.c what if it is herpes and he gets blood work done that tests negative because he has never had an outbreak. Is that even possible? Does it even sound like herpes? What else could it possible? Bacterial infection? Yeast infection? Help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2012, 12:51 AM   #2
    owieher
    (male)

owieher HB User
    Re: Waiting for test results

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Worriedtotears View Post
    I have only been with one man, and I am still with him. He was with other girls before me, but seemed to have nothing at least no symptoms of anything and nothing in his past blood work. We've been dating and having sex for over a year and a half. 6 days ago I developed several bumps around my vulva.
    The first day no discomfort, next day and after excruciating pain when using the restroom, and discomfort when not. I went to the doctor and they did a culture test and with my asking a blood test (I wanted faster results). I will find out between Tuesday and Thursday the results of everything.
    My boyfriend and I didn't think it could be an std b.c he doesn't have anything(as far as we know now), to us the bumps didn't look like any herpes or other stds we had ever seen from pictures, and I've only been with him(and that includes just basic making out too). The bumps are going away, but I'm not sure if it's due to the antiviral medication, monistat, or just time. I'm freaking out. The doctor said three of the bumps had a slight indentation in the middle like herpes, but wanted to do a culture test to find out for sure. And now I'm freaking out b.c what if it is herpes and he gets blood work done that tests negative because he has never had an outbreak. Is that even possible? Does it even sound like herpes? What else could it possible? Bacterial infection? Yeast infection? Help
    It is my understanding that these bumps are in clusters and are painful. I think both of you should get a full thorough test. Judging from what I've read, open sores increase the chance of transmission.

Hope you're fine. I might do blood work too.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:16 AM   #3
    angeleyz81
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
    Re: Waiting for test results

Hello,
    It sounds like it may be Herpes. I wonder if your boyfriend was tested for herpes in the past, I know that normally you have to ask for the herpes test to be done as it is not part of the routine std panel of testing.

I suggest that he gets tested and ask for the herpes IgG type specific blood test. Also, if you had the sores swabbed more then 24-48hrs after they appeared there may be a risk for a false negative and if the blood work also comes back negative you should get tested again in a few months if your boyfriend has tested positive. If he is negative then it may be something else since you have never been sexual with anyone else.

I wouldn't be worried about him testing negative if you are positive, as mentioned above since he is the only person you have ever been with he would be the one that had given it to you. His results would be positive even if he never had an outbreak, he should have the antibodies in his blood already. He could have had this for years without knowing it, an estimated 80% of people with genital herpes do not even know they have it.

Best of luck to you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    **The Highest Form Of Ignorance Is When You Reject Something You Don't Know Anything About**
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread

Tags
    bacterial infection, bumps, herpes, test, yeast infection