It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Need help figuring out if folliculitis, vulvodynia, fordyce or herpes

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
    Mommy21311
    (female)

Mommy21311 HB User
    Exclamation Need help figuring out if folliculitis, vulvodynia, fordyce or herpes

So my husband and I have been separated a few months but had a sexual encounter recently. I know he and I both were HSV-2 negative, but he has HSV-1 rarely breaks out. I noticed last night a sharp pinch in one spot at the top of the vulva, above the good of the clitoris in the area that has hair growth. It doesn't itch, just the pinching feeling that pulsates with a VERY faint tingling that was in my whole lower body and throbbing, dull pain accompanying it. I have fordyce spots that are small on the inner parts of the labor minora and larger subcutaneous "bumps" (I'm guessing follicles or fordyce) that I have on both labias that I have had since I was very little. I also shave and we had sex after I'd shaved so, as usual, I got a LOT of ingrown hairs which are painful when popping or digging out. I noticed the area was pin pointed to one spot so I had to search and at one point I thought I had it but turned out I was squeezing the wrong area/small bump. Then when I found the area, I squeezed it and then plucked hairs I though were associated with the pain. It was mainly red-looking but no swelling came about until after squeezing. This morning the pain was still there but then it slowly went away by noon. I then checked it out an it was raw from the plucking and squeezing, but I also had 1 small bump in both areas I had squeezed. I squeezed it again because the bump (only) was a little tender and clear puss/blood came out and then the skin was easily pulled off from the bump. It now feels better and doesn't hurt really, even when I was trying to check if I got all the hair in it with tweezers. I asked my "husband" if he'd been with anyone since we split and come to find out he's been with many women and so now I am worried that I may have contracted HSV-2. We mainly just performed oral and fingered/rubbed me and we only had sex for less than a minute, which he insisted on wearing his boxers durring. I guess my questions are:

1. How likely would it be to contract it if he was either about to break out or was healing (I'm assuming since he didn't want to remove boxers and u couldn't se pubic area)?
    2. Do the symptoms I am having sound like herpes? (I have no swollen lymphnodes, aching, nausea, appetite loss, etc.)
    3. If I performed oral and (lets say/hope) the infected area wasn't anywhere that I touched, how likely could I get oral HSV-2?
    4. Are herpes blisters a white-colored blister or are they like a TB type test bubble, clear and very noticeable?

Thank you so much! I know I should be taking this to a doctor but my appointment isn't for a week and I also was told the blood test may not be as accurate this early on or until about 3 months. I know eventually, once divorced, ill want to start dating again, so I want to cover all possible situations that may defer how quickly or my information ill have to share.

Thanks!

MJ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #2
    angeleyz81
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

angeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB Userangeleyz81 HB User
    Re: Need help figuring out if folliculitis, vulvodynia, fordyce or herpes

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mommy21311 View Post

1. How likely would it be to contract it if he was either about to break out or was healing (I'm assuming since he didn't want to remove boxers and u couldn't se pubic area)? Chances of getting it would be higher if someone were having and outbbreak
    2. Do the symptoms I am having sound like herpes? (I have no swollen lymphnodes, aching, nausea, appetite loss, etc.) It is hard to say, but I see you say you both were HSV 2 negative, were you ever tested for 1 if he performed oral on you even when he didn't have a cold sore there would still be a chance of him passing it onto you genitally.
    3. If I performed oral and (lets say/hope) the infected area wasn't anywhere that I touched, how likely could I get oral HSV-2? If you didnt touch the infected area you should be ok since it is spread from skin to skin contact with the infected area
    4. Are herpes blisters a white-colored blister or are they like a TB type test bubble, clear and very noticeable? They vary from person to person mine had been like a paper cut , sorry couldn't help you out anymore

Closed Thread

Tags
    fordyce spots, herpes, ingrown hair, vulvodynia