It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• genital hsv1 and pain in neck

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #1
    anony44
    (female)

anony44 HB User
    genital hsv1 and pain in neck

So i got diagnosed with genital hsv1 over a month ago. It has been a rough month. I got it from my current boyfrd who never had a coldsore, with whom I have been with close to a year.

My first breakout started with typical flu like symptoms, followed by a lot bumps on my vaginal area which were itchy and unsightly but that was about it. They did vanish pretty fast. My doc was unsure that they were herpes but did a swab test and he told me i was positive for hsv1.

The sores were never really a problem, but I was quite swollen in my groin area, I had random back ache, leg ache, and some other muscle aches. I have been paranoid about spreading it to other area and clean my hand plenty of times.

Since then I keep getting swollen every few days, went to work out got quite swollen, wore tight jeans, eat more sugar than usual, did not sleep a couple of nights. all these seem to trigger it, I got very few bumps but mostly swelling and an ache.

I started valtrex to clean it up, my sores did dry up pretty quickly, but then i had the worst upset stomach and indigestion and i stopped valtrex.

I was finally feeling better and yesterday i wore these tight pants and the swelling came back at night. I took lysine supplement, wore lose clothes took a painkiller and slept peacefully. Today morning i feel like my lymph nodes around my neck are hot and swollen.

I am paranoid if I have spread it to my face. any tingle in my eye, mouth or nose and i check again and again.

my groin the swelling went down overnight I just feel like a small rash coming on the side.

My questions is when will this get better. people say you cant spread it to other areas if u develop immunity so how long does that take. Have i already spread it to my oral area. when will all this settle so that I can start feeling normal again. please help me, I am depressed and off to my brothers wedding in a week and I really dont want a massive breakout on my face when that happens

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    genital herpes, hsv1, swollen lymph node