It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• HSV1 Orally & Genitally?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #1
    AnonymousL
    (female)

AnonymousL HB User
    Question HSV1 Orally & Genitally?

Unfortunately, after 6 months with my boyfriend I am beginning to suspect that I've contacted genital herpes from him. The strange part is, in all honesty, I feel it may be my own fault though. About four years ago, I was diagnosed with HSV1 which I later came to find out I most likely contacted from my father because he's had it all his life as well. Prior to even dating my boyfriend, I forewarned him of my diagnosis and told him that despite my lack of outbreaks and symptoms, there was always a chance he could contact it from me so he knew of the risks. Majority of our relationship was pretty normal which included sex with condoms & me giving no oral sex to avoid spreading it to his genitals, but he has performed oral sex on me which is where my worry comes into play. Just recently, I found my vaginal lips intensely burning and whenever I urinate, it burns even worse. I have yet to see any open sores or lesions but the itching, burning, swollen vaginal opening, and cracking red skin between my vagina and anus frighten me. I would assume it was a yeast infection or maybe a bacterial infection but I've previously had those and they haven't been as irritating as this. I am beginning to assume my boyfriend contacted my HSV1 & has spread it back to myself during oral sex but wouldn't I have build some type of antibodies by now due to the fact I've had HSV1 for nearly my entire life? Unless my boyfriend had it prior to me and I contacted a different strand? I've read up on plenty of HSV1 genital symptoms and I seem to be carrying a couple so I honestly wouldn't be surprised. Answers?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2013, 03:33 AM   #2
    Solitary Jerk
    (male)

Solitary Jerk HB User
    Re: HSV1 Orally & Genitally?

The cracking red skin doesn't sound typical of herpes, unless that's where you've been getting your blisters. Best way to find out is to see a doctor about it.

Old 11-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #3
    AnonymousL
    (female)

AnonymousL HB User
    Re: HSV1 Orally & Genitally?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Solitary Jerk View Post
    The cracking red skin doesn't sound typical of herpes, unless that's where you've been getting your blisters. Best way to find out is to see a doctor about it.
    Took the advice & seen my gyn today who diagnosed me with a combination of a yeast infection and bacterial vaginitis. He also told me it would be very rare to contact hsv1 from him genitally if he contacted the strand from me first.

Closed Thread

Tags
    genitalherpes, herpes, hsv1, oral