It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Could it be a false positive of HSV2

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
    takechances89
    (female)

takechances89 HB User
    Post Could it be a false positive of HSV2

So I will make this short and sweet.
    I most likely got this infection from when I was raped back in June/July ish. I went and got tested in september which I had only been with 2 people during that time frame and I used protection with both of them and then 1 i had sex with regularly without a condom until september when I found out and he was tested...actually all 3 were tested, and their tests came back negative. My IgG I believe that was the test came back below a 0.90 for HSV1 and a 4.63 HSV2. I have never had a symptoms. I have never had an outbreak. I have never felt itching or tingling down there either. I have never once had a cold sore in my life. My doctor was surprised that I have not had any type of reaction and she said there was no need to take medication unless I had a symptom. So I have been reading a lot of forums lately just to educate myself because honestly I am a very open person and I have been through a lot of **** in my life where, at 24 years old, I don't live in the past. Yes I learn from my mistakes, but I never dwell on what has happened because that will not change the fact that it happened and I have learned that this HSV2 does not make me the person that I am and what people see me as so...I am about to go and get another test done, not because I am hoping that it was a mistake, but for the simple fact that how can I be asymptomatic, no outbreaks, nothing that would indicate an infection, and all 3 partners i had between the time I was raped until I got tested are all negative? Is it possible that it could be false positive and the number was there only for an exposure? Any comments on this please

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    false positive, herpes, hsv2, no symptoms, std scared herpes sex help